Why is the crowd so quiet

Atmosphere wasn't bad today compared to similar games like this. There was quite a bit of singing in the 2nd half in the corner and South Stand... just that no noise seems to come from anywhere else in the stadium unless we score.

The empty seats... god knows. People do have reasons for non-attendance but more of our fans seem to have reasons than fans of most other clubs who actually sell out their stadium like we do (as opposed to simply being unable to sell tickets). Could barely see any at White Hart Lane. But much of this phenomenon is due to the Family Stand, which is at least 20% empty for over 3/4 of our league games, yet you have people sat at home who were told this morning the match is sold out and they might have walked up on the day if they could have one of those seats.

LoveCity said:
Atmosphere wasn't bad today compared to similar games like this. There was quite a bit of singing in the 2nd half in the corner and South Stand... just that no noise seems to come from anywhere else in the stadium unless we score.

The empty seats... god knows. People do have reasons for non-attendance but more of our fans seem to have reasons than fans of most other clubs who actually sell out their stadium like we do (as opposed to simply being unable to sell tickets). Could barely see any at White Hart Lane. But much of this phenomenon is due to the Family Stand, which is at least 20% empty for over 3/4 of our league games, yet you have people sat at home who were told this morning the match is sold out and they might have walked up on the day if they could have one of those seats.
It is ridiculous, huge rows empty of seats you don't see it anywhere else in the prem on that scale. Very weird.

MaineRoadmcfc said:
LoveCity said:

It is ridiculous, huge rows empty of seats you don't see it anywhere else in the prem on that scale. Very weird.

I'm in the Upper Tier of the South Stand and a lot of water was coming in at the back through the temporary roof. Stewards came over and said that they'd try and find other seats for us in the Upper Tier once the crowd had come in, but there were none.

Marvin said:
MaineRoadmcfc said:
LoveCity said:

I'm in the Upper Tier of the South Stand and a lot of water was coming in at the back through the temporary roof. Stewards came over and said that they'd try and find other seats for us in the Upper Tier once the crowd had come in, but there were none.

The steward was telling you fibbs Marvin!

I was quiet today because I was ruddy soaked - and we have a roof over us. Not that it helps. Feet in a puddle and rain coming down on top. Bring back standing so at least it's only my head that gets wet.

MaineRoadmcfc said:
LoveCity said:

There's not a lot you can do about it, I've accepted it in another post I've said its unique to city, some posters will bang on that' other clubs have empty seats too, and it's New Year's Day and people will be hungover, but I watched the first half of stoke v scum and it was full, then went to watch city , then came home watched most of spuds v Chelsea witch was full.
Some can't accept that we have more empty seats than other big clubs, and for some reason think others have empty seats too. But I have and it doesn't bother me. It just the way it is, I just enjoy the football with my son and hope city win

it really winds me up to see so many empty seats at every home game ! is it season ticket holders not attending? why would you piss your money away like that . very strange !

jaiden said:
it really winds me up to see so many empty seats at every home game ! is it season ticket holders not attending? why would you piss your money away like that . very strange !

Baffling really. Probably worth a thread in its own right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.