Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
cibaman said:
kupest said:
At this stage the club only needs to fill a few holes (Striker, CM, LB, Winger). Get these 4 players and we might not be needing anyone for another 2-3 years. Don't mind overpaying to get these 4 spots filled up.

On an unrelated note, do we think this is done and dusted?

Sky saying that we're close to agreeing personal terms.

Must admit I expected a protracted saga ending on deadline day. Didnt think that Swansea would be in any hurry to spend the fee and would drag it out as long as possible.

Swansea would want a quick deal, it makes sense. They can't play him due to AFCON, however if they get £30 mil for him they can go and source an adequate replacement for Bony.

SWP's back said:
The perfect fumble said:
theres only one carlito said:
I think they think we are being run by amateurs. The savviest of businesse minds are running our club. Not some flash in pan group or individual/individuals.

I'm of the same mind, but don't get too carried away, the FFP "fine" for want of a better word was not expected, they dropped a bollock there, that not only cost us money and reduced our CL squad, but damaged our reputation.
They dropped no bollock. The rules changed AFTER the accounts were filed.

If if that is true and I expect it was probably down to "interpretation" of the rules, rather than being changed, it doesn't matter, in business what matters is outcomes.

Hamann Pineapple said:
City1974 said:
We should not break FFP restrictions to buy Bony.

*the morning after*

"Congratulations on the Bony transfer Txiki"

"Thanks Ferran"

"It's hasn't broken any FFP rules has it ?"

"Awww shit, I knew there was something"

P.S.

"You have seen him play haven't you, Txiki, because some on Bluemoon are saying he's not good enough?"

"Oh fuck. I thought you'd had him watched."

Not sure if he is Dzeko/jovetic replacement in the long run or do we go back to 4 strikers. If it's the latter there is no way we can keep them all happy. Especially when we play top teams like Barca, we can't play 2 strikers.

Great signing IMO.

26 year old powerful striker who has scored goals for fun in the Premiership.

As much as I appreciate what Dzeko has done for us, being brutally honest, I think Bony is better. He'll be coming in at the same price as Dzeko, despite it being 4 years later and transfer fees have massively inflated.

Bony's goal record in the Premiership is 25 goals in 54 appearances - very good.

BlueCityfan said:
Not sure if he is Dzeko/jovetic replacement in the long run or do we go back to 4 strikers. If it's the latter there is no way we can keep them all happy. Especially when we play top teams like Barca, we can't play 2 strikers.
I think Pellegrini is returning to 442, because there is no sense in having 4 strikers if you only plan to play one up top,

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Excuse me everyone but the glaringly obvious question about him has not been asked yet I'm sure.......

Can anyone hazard a guess what it is?

does he track back?

City1974 said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
City1974 said:
We should not break FFP restrictions to buy Bony.

*the morning after*

"Congratulations on the Bony transfer Txiki"

"Thanks Ferran"

"It's hasn't broken any FFP rules has it ?"

"Awww shit, I knew there was something"

Over a year ago the club thought they would be OK and would not face FFP sanctions in the first place and they did.
It was also expected we would break even this year but still a loss of about £ 7 million (taking away the £ 16 million FFP fine)

Thus they may think the Bony deal does not break the restriction imposed but surely best not to sail to close to the wind if possible.

Shouldn't you be more worries about the rags debt rather than us?

Dzeko and Jovetic will more than likely be gone in the summer, we are getting around £25 million from the sale of Negredo. It's all well and good mentioning players from other leagues who could just as easily turn up and do something similar to Soldado as they could be successful but if we sign Bony, we are signing someone who is a proven Premiership performer, I personally think he will be a great signing for us and give us another option which we desperately need at times. Look at what The rags paid for Shaw and Fellaini, look at what Liverpool paid for Lallana, I personally wouldn't say these are worth around £30 million but we are getting someone who excels at their job in the Premiership and that's to put the ball in the back of the net and he's been the best at it in the league for the last 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.