Chelsea away (half price)

squirtyflower said:
Blue&whitestripes said:
Have you seen this? <a class="postlink" href="https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2015/January/Chelsea-v-City-in-the-City-event" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2 ... City-event</a>

Back by popular demand, City in the City returns to London for the trip to Chelsea.

The premium hospitality event, kindly sponsored by Henley Investments, has already sold out and we are now operating a waiting list for guests wanting to join the pre-match hospitality on board the Silver Sturgeon.

Before heading to the Premier League clash at Stamford Bridge, guests will enjoy fantastic entertainment on board the Silver Sturgeon and a cruise along the River Thames to Chelsea Harbour. Guest speaker, Brian Marwood, Managing Director of City Football Services will be talking about the historic new Academy development and the continued, exciting growth of the club.

Guests will be treated to a premium buffet lunch on board the yacht two hours before the match before taking their seats in the City ‘away end’. The package also includes return travel to central London after the game.

The package includes:

Premium lunch buffet
Match ticket in the away end
Return travel to central London from Stamford Bridge
£200 per person (including VAT)

To be added to the waiting list, please contact +44 161 444 1894 (option 1) or email events@mcfc.co.uk

Henley is a Real Estate Investment manager offering deal specific funds for private investors to subscribe to, enjoying the benefits of opportunistic returns. For more information please contact ianrickwood@henleyinvestments.com or visit <a class="postlink" href="http://www.henleyinvestments.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.henleyinvestments.com</a>

That's "up to 550" tickets according to the description of the boat: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.silverfleet.co.uk/our-venues/the-silver-sturgeon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.silverfleet.co.uk/our-venues ... r-sturgeon</a>

550 is just over 18% of available tickets.
And that's why it's sold at at 11000 points
Arsenal sold out 9000, this is a fucking disgrace

There's not a cat in hell's chance city will have 550 corporate at this. I would guess 50 or maybe 100 at a push. In my experience we've only ever taken one coach on these corporate aways, although I haven't done one for a while. My understanding is It's for Chelsea fans too.

Corporate customers pay a lot of money to the club and in many cases have done for many many years. You can't just jump in both feet and say that season ticket holders should be ahead in the pecking order.

Didsbury Dave said:
squirtyflower said:
Blue&whitestripes said:
Have you seen this? <a class="postlink" href="https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2015/January/Chelsea-v-City-in-the-City-event" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2 ... City-event</a>

That's "up to 550" tickets according to the description of the boat: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.silverfleet.co.uk/our-venues/the-silver-sturgeon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.silverfleet.co.uk/our-venues ... r-sturgeon</a>

550 is just over 18% of available tickets.

There's not a cat in hell's chance city will have 550 corporate at this. I would guess 50 or maybe 100 at a push. In my experience we've only ever taken one coach on these corporate aways, although I haven't done one for a while. My understanding is It's for Chelsea fans too.

Corporate customers pay a lot of money to the club and in many cases have done for many many years. You can't just jump in both feet and say that season ticket holders should be ahead in the pecking order.
I'm not denying corporate put a lot of money into the club, but so do others and for many years too
Without the customary biggest blue jibes please, I have been buying five season cards in CB1 since our move there, and five at Maine Road since 98.
I've had two/three season tickets since 1974 so don't lecture me about how long they've done it for.
My outlay last year for tickets, travel and accommodation came to over £10,000 so I do think I've earns the right to have an opinion
I could be 'an I'm alright Jack ' as my tickets arrived this morning having bought them at 9.02 on Monday morning, however I do feel sympathy for those who, rightly, thought this would go down to below 10,000 points

Cue 'you're the biggest blue' bullshit now from some posters

squirtyflower said:
Didsbury Dave said:
squirtyflower said:

I'm not denying corporate put a lot of money into the club, but so do others and for many years too
Without the customary biggest blue jibes please, I have been buying five season cards in CB1 since our move there, and five at Maine Road since 98.
I've had two/three season tickets since 1974 so don't lecture me about how long they've done it for.
My outlay last year for tickets, travel and accommodation came to over £10,000 so I do think I've earns the right to have an opinion
I could be 'an I'm alright Jack ' as my tickets arrived this morning having bought them at 9.02 on Monday morning, however I do feel sympathy for those who, rightly, thought this would go down to below 10,000 points

Great post Squirty

Also, what ever the rights and wrong of this corporate "offer", it suggests to me that our Marketing / Communications people are very detached from our fans. This cruise and guaranteed tickets still gives the wrong impression but I'm guessing the Club thought it was OK e.g. They had taken the tickets from Supporters Club allocations.

Please don't anyone tell me this is about FFP because we are talking peanuts in the bigger scale of things!

zandvoort blue said:
Anyone got any advice for driving. As in best place to park and then either tube in or overland train in to West Brompton. Was thinking of Watford Junction to West Brompton.
I wouldn't bother mate the drives a ball ache and never anywhere to park. Fortunately for you I am happy to have your tickets

squirtyflower said:
Didsbury Dave said:
squirtyflower said:

I'm not trying to lecture you mate.

I'm just trying to preempt the usual 'the plastic prawn sandwich brigade got all of our tickets' outrage which we invariably get in these situations. Usually these are based on heresay and little fact, as In this case when someone mentioned 550 tickets, without having anything approaching the full facts.

Didsbury Dave said:
squirtyflower said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I'm just trying to preempt the usual 'the plastic prawn sandwich brigade got all of our tickets' outrage which we invariably get in these situations. Usually these are based on heresay and little fact, as In this case when someone mentioned 550 tickets, without having anything approaching the full facts.
Fair enough DD
Tbh we've (mrs sf and me) considered corporate seasoncards a few times, leaving the kids where they are.
But each time the Mrs says she'd rather spend the difference in the money at different places in town both before and after the game. That way all five of us get a drink and sometimes a treat to a meal!

I have been in a few times and I know that they are blues.
However I've also been in a box a few times and I've yet to meet a City fan.

I also believe that people should be able to enjoy the fruits of their labour as they see fit.
But we have a loyalty points scheme, something I often defend on here, but sometimes the Supporters ?Club and the Corporates run rough shod over this hence you not getting tickets for Barca.

squirtyflower said:
Didsbury Dave said:
squirtyflower said:

Fair enough DD
Tbh we've (mrs sf and me) considered corporate seasoncards a few times, leaving the kids where they are.
But each time the Mrs says she'd rather spend the difference in the money at different places in town both before and after the game. That way all five of us get a drink and sometimes a treat to a meal!

I also believe that people should be able to enjoy the fruits of their labour as they see fit.
But we have a loyalty points scheme, something I often defend on here, but sometimes the Supporters ?Club and the Corporates run rough shod over this hence you not getting tickets for Barca.

That's exactly what I've done squirty, my lads are now 18 n 16 and want to stand ... I don't so moved my ticket to the commonwealth were a few pals are.... 90% of people in the commonwealth are long term blues .... And the 6 of us going on the boat all did the crap times....

It's not true that all the corporate tickets go to non fans .... Just fans that can and want to spend the money they've all earned ...

squirtyflower said:
Didsbury Dave said:
squirtyflower said:

Fair enough DD

I got barca tickets in the end but had to work hard and use contacts. I've missed out on chelsea myself. I didn't qualify for Ajax either but a mate who does go in corporate got us two of the 'cat a' tickets from City. So I've been on both sides of the coin to be honest. It would be hypocritical of me to piss and moan. It's just the way it is.

City used to sell 150 hospitality tickets (3 coaches) for Old Trafford around 10 years ago, it was in the sales mag they sent you if you ever booked anything there (even non-football related).

Seasonal hospitality customers also get the first shout.

I find it bizarre that this game would sell out at 2000 points higher than Arsenal away. There must be another variable, and if City were doing 150 10 years ago I wouldn't say the 550 was so unbelievable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.