Manchester City v Chelsea EDS Thursday 8th January 2015

without a dream said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
Totally disagree. Don't think Pellegrini would play them unless he has a gun to his head. He has consistently shown this in his time at City.

Blind faith is useless.

You need to drop this crusade mate. Pellegrini is a sensible bloke. He's going to play a young player if he is good enough. He's not if he isn't. It's a simple deal between manager and academy and one which works.

We haven't invested all this money not to bring players through but we are only going to do it when they are ready. It's a long term commitment.

Ambrose just scored.

I think he's not far wrong Dave. A youngster is never going to be better than our first 11 players without experience. They need to be on the bench and getting 20 minutes when we're comfortable and getting an opportunity in the cups against lower league opposition. There's pretty much zero evidence of this happening.

Our best youth players are 16/17 far too young to take part in a title run in.
The likes of Pozo, Ambrose and Angelino may be ready in 2-3 years.

To expect Pellegrini to play 16 or 17 year olds is simply wrong.

Our EDS lads of the required age are simply not good enough.

2-3 years is when you should judge Pellegrini. The lads coming through at Barcelona, the model we are trying to emulate are around 20 not 16/17.

schfc6 said:
without a dream said:
Didsbury Dave said:
You need to drop this crusade mate. Pellegrini is a sensible bloke. He's going to play a young player if he is good enough. He's not if he isn't. It's a simple deal between manager and academy and one which works.

We haven't invested all this money not to bring players through but we are only going to do it when they are ready. It's a long term commitment.

Ambrose just scored.

I think he's not far wrong Dave. A youngster is never going to be better than our first 11 players without experience. They need to be on the bench and getting 20 minutes when we're comfortable and getting an opportunity in the cups against lower league opposition. There's pretty much zero evidence of this happening.

2-3 years is when you should judge Pellegrini. The lads coming through at Barcelona, the model we are trying to emulate are around 20 not 16/17.

4 of these Chelsea players who are being outplayed have first team experience this year, one of our players has. I'm not calling for them to be starting games but there's no reason that Barker or Ambrose couldn't have taken the minutes that Scott Sinclair has had this season and I'd far rather that some of them got games against lower league sides than first teamers who think they can just stroll around.

schfc6 said:
without a dream said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Ambrose just scored.

Agree wholeheartedly with this
We have some exciting young lads coming through this group at the moment but they are still a bit too young and need another couple of years
the older lads on loan are not as gifted as the younger lads although Denayer has done well at Celtic and I hope Forfana has a good spell at Fulham because he has some talent
I'm not convinced about Lopes but I've not seen him play this year and haven;t seen how he has progressed

without a dream said:
schfc6 said:
without a dream said:

4 of these Chelsea players who are being outplayed have first team experience this year, one of our players has. I'm not calling for them to be starting games but there's no reason that Barker or Ambrose couldn't have taken the minutes that Scott Sinclair has had this season and I'd far rather that some of them got games against lower league sides than first teamers who think they can just stroll around.

I don't disagree with that at all, but how many minutes has Sinclair gotten? I can only remember him coming on as a sub maybe twice in the League and after the 90 minute mark both times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.