Matija Nastasić

The overall fee does seem low but It's doesn't stop us putting a buy back clause in his contract if he impresses at Schalke and makes the move permanent. Nasta does have ability but seems to let mistakes get to him.

Decc66 said:
nimrod said:
Ballymagash Blue said:
Yeah. Losing Nasty and gaining Mangala is a bit of a double whammy. I think we'll end up paying a huge price for the disastrous gamble that is Mangala.

I have that feeling too, always liked Nasty, why have we fucked him off, makes no sense

I hope people are right about Mangala becoming an elite player, but I just cant see him being great, if we have him & Vince thats 2 who make rash challenges and a few mistakes

anyway for 40 mill shouldnt he be the finished article ?

fingers crossed on him

Hull, Villa, Chelsea home/away are 4 reasons that immediately spring to mind.
As opposed to many of the games Mangala has played since his debut? The guy who's older and more experienced than Nasty at that time?
Let's at least have some consistency in this argument..
Young centre halves make mistakes. As do experienced ones.
Vinnie, Demi and Lescott are legends despite making some ridiculous goal-costing errors. Nasty and Stefan Savic have probably the same average in that respect as their more experienced colleagues.
Graeme Souness is no Pep, that's for sure, but I remember him once saying he would never buy a CB under 25 because he said he wanted them 'to make their mistakes and get them out of their system elsewhere'.
I honestly and sincerely hope Eli becomes the player we are told he will be. Amazingly athletic and looking at his interviews, he's an intelligent and ambitious young man.
He has all the tools but is he clever enough to transfer his intelligence onto the field?
I pray so but Txixi apparently hasn't got a great track record of signing CBs. Let's hope he got it right this time.
Nastasic will probably become the player he can be at Schalke and move to a much bigger club in a couple of years

bluechampion7891 said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 43m43 minutes ago
BILD: If Nastasic plays 7 matches for Schalke this season it will trigger a clause obligating them to pay £7.5m for a permanent deal.

thats only about half our money back. For a defender that is supposedly set to become world class, its poor

Its a few million shy of our money back but still not a bad deal considering the circumstances,as for your potential world class comment.......? he isn't even close,the ingredients simply aren't there.

FantasyIreland said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 43m43 minutes ago
BILD: If Nastasic plays 7 matches for Schalke this season it will trigger a clause obligating them to pay £7.5m for a permanent deal.

thats only about half our money back. For a defender that is supposedly set to become world class, its poor

Its a few million shy of our money back but still not a bad deal considering the circumstances,as for your potential world class comment.......? he isn't even close,the ingredients simply aren't there.

oh no, I mean that half of bluemoon considers him potential world class.

well, we paid 12 M + savic for him, Savic cost us 6 million so even if we valued him like 3 million that means that Nastasic should go down at least 15M. 7.5 is half of that, even if we just use his fee thats still only 60%

Never going to get a huge fee for someone who's been frozen out for best part of 18 months, potential or no potential.

Rammy Blue said:
Never going to get a huge fee for someone who's been frozen out for best part of 18 months, potential or no potential.

I'm just happy that there's a clause which could make the transfer permanent. I think ultimately if he doesn't start those games then there's something deeply flawed about him as a player that we're just not seeing.

Hope it works out for him and I hope we had a little word about Draxler when we let them have him on loan.

bluechampion7891 said:
FantasyIreland said:
bluechampion7891 said:

well, we paid 12 M + savic for him, Savic cost us 6 million so even if we valued him like 3 million that means that Nastasic should go down at least 15M. 7.5 is half of that, even if we just use his fee thats still only 60%

Are we not supposed to be picking up a 7 figure loan fee ?

Davs 19 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
FantasyIreland said:

Are we not supposed to be picking up a 7 figure loan fee ?

It was there originally when the reported sale price was 10M, but I havent seen that figure mentioned since the sale price has dropped to 7.5M

Its a shame he didn't cut it here but life's like that sometimes. Seen him interviewed today and he spoke graciously about his time with us. He seems a very likeable and engaging young man and I wish him well.

Well if nasty turn out decent it won't be the first centre back that has improved since leaving us. Savic has done great at Fiorentina. Supposed to be a few big clubs looking at him and fee will be double what we received. And Jerome Boateng couldn't get in our team but is good enough for one of the top sides in Europe.

So perhaps Nastasic will go onto better things. I certainly don't think he had a fair crack of the whip. Not sure he never recovered from the bollocking Vinny gave him last season I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.