Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If what Damocles said has some truth, in that perhaps we have the main dishes and we are just currently applying the side dishes

Then i wonder if Pellegrini could be classed as a side dish, or even a side salad?

chris85mcfc said:
If what Damocles said has some truth, in that perhaps we have the main dishes and we are just currently applying the side dishes

Then i wonder if Pellegrini could be classed as a side dish, or even a side salad?

In that analogy he'd be classed as the Head Chef.

Maybe you could stand in as the jester?

chris85mcfc said:
Mister Appointment said:
I think we have a transfer record in the last five years that stands up to any club in the league.

I could agree with that, although the last two summers haven't ripped up any trees in terms of improving us as a team

There is perhaps a truth somewhere in the middle of that.

If people are honest, what they mean is they want 'look at us' signings, ones that we can rub in the faces of our rivals?

Plenty seem more concerned about making statements than addressing issues in the team.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
chris85mcfc said:
Mister Appointment said:
I think we have a transfer record in the last five years that stands up to any club in the league.

I could agree with that, although the last two summers haven't ripped up any trees in terms of improving us as a team

If people are honest, what they mean is they want 'look at us' signings, ones that we can rub in the faces of our rivals?

Plenty seem more concerned about making statements than addressing issues in the team.

Tolm, have we signed any players in the last two summers that other top clubs have been looking at?

Or have we signed any that would even get in other top sides in Europe

I get what Damocles is saying about us having some top class players already, and that you do need some players that just 'do a job'

But it seems to me that we have squandered a lot of money over the last two summers without really improving the team

chris85mcfc said:
Mister Appointment said:

Improving us as a team, what about improving us as a club?

Take a look across the road the next time you're at the Etihad, you'll be amazed at what you'll see..........

I'm totally baffled at the outlook some have on the club, how can anyone moan about "anything" at the moment?

chris85mcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
chris85mcfc said:

Tolm, have we signed any players in the last two summers that other top clubs have been looking at?

I get what Damocles is saying about us having some top class players already, and that you do need some players that just 'do a job'

But it seems to me that we have squandered a lot of money over the last two summers without really improving the team

United and Chelsea both wanted Sagna and Mangala.

Navas is also on record as stating Barcelona made a late bid but he felt a loyalty to Begiristain for agreeing to sign back in the January of that year.

Bony, outside of Madrid and Barca, would walk into any frontline in Europe.

We've spent pennies, in relation to also bringing in money for the likes of Balotelli, Tevez, Garcia, Rodwell, Johnson - £62m right there.

Didsbury Dave said:
The cookie monster said:
TGR said:
Wouldn't surprise me fella to be honest.
It is a modus operandi that has been used previously.

Yep
Wonder if Miss Kloss has a cheesy grin on her face this morning......

I laughed out laugh. It's a forum. People talk shit.

But that's a belter.
Didsbury Dave said:
I attend the game with a number of people who know their football inlcuding an ex-pro, and everyone was happy with the original selection. None of us envisaged Arsenal defending as a unit like that.
Not as good as this one, prob the best ive read in the 4 years on here, i mean seriously..

tolmie's hairdoo said:
chris85mcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

United and Chelsea both wanted Sagna and Mangala.

Navas is also on record as stating Barcelona made a late bid but he felt a loyalty to Begiristain for agreeing to sign back in the January of that year.

Bony, outside of Madrid and Barca, would walk into any frontline in Europe.

We've spent pennies, in relation to also bringing in money for the likes of Balotelli, Tevez, Garcia, Rodwell, Johnson - £62m right there.

Why do you just make stuff up?
United did NOT want Mangala. The coaches scouting him actually nicknamed him 'Bomb Scare!' due to his ability to panic like fuck
everytime the ball came near him. They scouted him them decided not to take it any further.

Danamy said:
chris85mcfc said:
Mister Appointment said:

Improving us as a team, what about improving us as a club?

Take a look across the road the next time you're at the Etihad, you'll be amazed at what you'll see..........

I'm totally baffled at the outlook some have on the club, how can anyone moan about "anything" at the moment?

It's not a moan by any stretch mate, its purely an observation

I agree that the club is in a fabulous place at the moment

But if we're discussing our transfer activity over the last few summers, its quite frankly been piss poor

We've missed out on key targets, whilst ending up with players further down on the wanted list

Like Tolm said, i think this summer will be a big summer in determining which way the team goes in the next few seasons. We've got an ageing squad however you look at it, a lot of these players have been together for a good few years now, and it needs freshening up with some more quality

The cookie monster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The cookie monster said:
Yep
Wonder if Miss Kloss has a cheesy grin on her face this morning......

I laughed out laugh. It's a forum. People talk shit.

But that's a belter.
Didsbury Dave said:
I attend the game with a number of people who know their football inlcuding an ex-pro, and everyone was happy with the original selection. None of us envisaged Arsenal defending as a unit like that.
Not as good as this one, prob the best ive read in the 4 years on here, i mean seriously..

Crikey i missed that one, that is a belter

People who 'know their football'

Obviously none of them post on here then :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.