English players

g180aj said:
Ray78 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
I don't know. From what I have seen this season Fernando excels in a very specific role and is suited for a very specific formation. He is also a squad player and not someone who I would expect to start in 2/3 rd of the premier league games. Schniderlin on the other hand IMO is good enough to be both a starter and he can play a much wider role. he is technically better than fernando - he plays as part of a double pivot whereas fernando has mostly struggled (although I am willing to give him the benefit till the end of the season and I also agree that at 12M he is good value). I also think that Schniderlin + a new top quality CM like Pogba or Koke can become our Matic and Fabregas and will probably surpass them (and are younger)

Don't get me wrong I do rate Morgan Schneiderlin but not at the price he will go for and the role he would occupy in our team. Fernando does a similar job and has a few medals under his belt for and all for £12m and is only a couple of years older than the Frenchman.
Scniderlin is a far better player than fernando! Another good shout would be Alex song think We could get him for £15-20 mill and he has retired from international football.

I disagree.

Alex song is amazing I can't believe a big team didn't snap him up. A midfield trio of dinho yaya and song would match anybody in Europe.

I think we might try for Sterling in the Summer if Liverpool miss out on the Champions League.

We need English players and he is the best young talent from the bunch.

Sterling would be the only one I would consider as he could walk in to our squad

Otherwise I would like to see the EDS given some game time to see if any of them can be used for next season.

Still think our focus right now should be on buying a quality winger.

Probably not a popular opinion on here but Sturridge would solve many of our problems on and off the field.
And anyone suggesting Fernando is anywhere near as good a player as Saints' Schneiderlin is mentally ill. Fernando is a tall Nigel DeJong, without the passing ability. A travesty of a footballer.
16m pissed away on a fella nobody else wanted.
Just like Mangala, a piss-poor footballer nobody else was interested in, yet we still overpaid.
A terrible, unforgivable waste of money in the post FFP climate.

LongsightM13 said:
Probably not a popular opinion on here but Sturridge would solve many of our problems on and off the field.
And anyone suggesting Fernando is anywhere near as good a player as Saints' Schneiderlin is mentally ill. Fernando is a tall Nigel DeJong, without the passing ability. A travesty of a footballer.
Just like Mangala, a piss-poor footballer nobody else was interested in, yet we still overpaid.

Did you have a similar opinion of Fenandinho last year at this time by chance? Fernando does his job well. Mangala has shown he can be dominant in this league. Give them time. I expect you will be eating your words come May.

K-Bo said:
LoveCity said:
kun said:
Please, no more Delphs.
No more Jack Rodwells, no more Scott Sinclairs, no more Adam Johnsons.

+100

I'm sick of the squad filler who contribute nothing and end up either sitting on their fat contracts or sold with the obligatory "City is shit for English players because I wasn't good enough" interview.

The only obtainable HG players maybe worth buying: Clyne (to replace Sagna), Schneiderlin (to replace Fernando IF Fernando struggles to settle - he deserves more time), Sterling (but the cost). And perhaps Ward-Prowse and Barkley (but I'd avoid because it's obvious we we'd have to pay 5x more than his actual worth). If we go back to 4-4-2, I guess you can make an argument for Jay Rodriguez as our #4 striker too.

Pellegrini likes a squad of 21 it is said. That means we only really need 4 non-homegrown in our league squad who can contribute something. We should promote from within if there are no value for money options on the market like the players listed above.

CL requires more though doesn't it? Isn't Boyata doing exactly that tho. I also don't like players less than our level being at our club but what we want or are sick of should be irrelevant compared to what we need/have to have. If we could get ward prowse for a non joke fee, He'd be better than delph obviously. But rules are rules and we can't just ignore them because we dont want another scott sinclair. Imagine these rules are why we signed sinclair in the first place. Who knows, maybe it will work this time...

No, CL doesn't require anything. We don't HAVE to submit a certain amount of English players. I don't think anyone understands the Boyata situation. Nastastic would not have counted this year so he just as easily could have been our fourth CB. Presumably they were thinking about next year and plan to keep him around for another year.

LoveCity is spot on. 21 is right around the number we need (two top or world class players at every position). That means we need 4 "English" players next season. Unless I am missing something Milner is not definitely going. His beef last year was playing time...don't see how he can complain this year. Hart, Milner, Clichy, and Boyata make 4. Fill the squad out with the EDS kids.

The days of needing to BUY English classified players is officially over IMO.

LongsightM13 said:

Well done, 11500+ posts before outing yourself.

RAG.

LongsightM13 said:

What are the off field problems we are having? Are you suggesting he goes to New York?

Barcon said:
LongsightM13 said:

What are the off field problems we are having? Are you suggesting he goes to New York?
I'm more confused by how Sturridge will solve any problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.