Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:
Mister Appointment said:
I think you might be off in terms of assists. Pretty sure Navas finished last season as the top assist maker in the league, or certainly was close to it.

Navas wasn't even in the top 20 last season

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/players/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.premierleague.com/content/pr ... index.html</a>

7 assists puts him either 13th in the league, or somewhere outside the top 20, depending on whether you're looking to be fair to him or just try and score points on the internet. Still, you can have a gold star for trying. :)

I must hold my hands up though, he obviously wasn't the top assist maker nor was he even in the top 10. I apologise bluemc1 for not checking my facts before posting. Still I'd say that's a very good return, especially if you look at who else got 7 assists last season.

PMSL!

The last few pages and hours have given me the biggest giggle I have had in a while.

Special thanks to those on here, reporting back to the other site what we are saying pmsl.

Internet........serious business! ;-)

Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:
Mister Appointment said:
I think you might be off in terms of assists. Pretty sure Navas finished last season as the top assist maker in the league, or certainly was close to it.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/players/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.premierleague.com/content/pr ... index.html</a>

7 assists puts him either 13th in the league, or somewhere outside the top 20, depending on whether you're looking to be fair to him or just try and score points on the internet. Still, you can have a gold star for trying. :)

I must hold my hands up though, he obviously wasn't the top assist maker nor was he even in the top 10. I apologise bluemc1 for not checking my facts before posting. Still I'd say that's a very good return, especially if you look at who else got 7 assists last season.

its all very odd the one i looked at had Navas 7th in assists, what i did mean to say is and again I'm not sure was compared to match time

I'm not saying that it won't prove to be the case but as it stands today Mangala certainly isnt an improvement on Lescott, Fernando is a million miles away from performing the role that NDJ and Barry did for us (and Garcia in his final 6 months) and nobody will ever convince me that Caballero is better than even Pantillimon who too was never near good enough.

bluemc1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:

its all very odd the one i looked at had Navas 7th in assists, what i did mean to say is and again I'm not sure was compared to match time

I don't know how to find the minutes played by a player during a particular season but I reckon Navas will have played a fair bit more than Johnson. Gotta say I like Navas - we got what we paid for. He's a rapid winger with erratic delivery but his technical ability and his ability to play in our team and in our system gives him an edge. He's definitely not someone i'd want us to be looking to sell or move on.

Mister Appointment said:
bluemc1 said:
Mister Appointment said:

I don't know how to find the minutes played by a player during a particular season but I reckon Navas will have played a fair bit more than Johnson. Gotta say I like Navas - we got what we paid for. He's a rapid winger with erratic delivery but his technical ability and his ability to play in our team and in our system gives him an edge. He's definitely not someone i'd want us to be looking to sell or move on.
About 250 minutes less

pudge said:
Mister Appointment said:
bluemc1 said:

About 250 minutes less

Navas played 250 minutes less last season than AJ in our 11/12 title winning season? Wow i'm surprised.

blueinsa said:
The last few pages and hours have given me the biggest giggle I have had in a while.

Special thanks to those on here, reporting back to the other site what we are saying pmsl.

Have all those angry divvies set up their own forum? Please tell me they have. Please. Please.

blueinsa said:

i would highly recommend getting out more

Mister Appointment said:
pudge said:
Mister Appointment said:
About 250 minutes less

Navas played 250 minutes less last season than AJ in our 11/12 title winning season? Wow i'm surprised.
Apologies, I assumed in was a comparison of the previous season. My mistake.

League alone Navas played about 600 minutes more.

AJ: 6 goals, 5 assists
Navas: 4 goals, 7 assists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.