REM

ste1969 said:
Great band brilliant live, remember seeing them in the early 90's at the McAlpine with the The Beautiful South supporting.Great band i wish Stipe and co would reform.

I was there then and also at Old Trafford cricket ground and Manchester Arena. Weren't Oasis scheduled to support them at McAlpine but pulled out after hitting the big time and deciding they were above being a support act?

Stipe has said that departure of Bill Berry was a far bigger loss than many realised. Much more than just a drummer

Like a number of their albums but they were truly awful the only time I saw them in concert - at MK Bowl - a performance that Stipe apparently apologized for the next night.

cibaman said:
ste1969 said:
Great band brilliant live, remember seeing them in the early 90's at the McAlpine with the The Beautiful South supporting.Great band i wish Stipe and co would reform.

I was there then and also at Old Trafford cricket ground and Manchester Arena. Weren't Oasis scheduled to support them at McAlpine but pulled out after hitting the big time and deciding they were above being a support act?

Stipe has said that departure of Bill Berry was a far bigger loss than many realised. Much more than just a drummer

Oasis were indeed scheduled to support. Beautiful South did a “Some MIght Say” cover that day. REM were good but it was the tour to promote “Monster” and they were pretty intent on playing most of what is generally accepted as being one of their poorer albums.

I’d love to see Stipe perform some lo-key gigs. A truly brilliant singer / lyricist.

johnnytapia said:
cibaman said:
ste1969 said:

Oasis were indeed scheduled to support. Beautiful South did a “Some MIght Say” cover that day. REM were good but it was the tour to promote “Monster” and they were pretty intent on playing most of what is generally accepted as being one of their poorer albums.

I’d love to see Stipe perform some lo-key gigs. A truly brilliant singer / lyricist.

1984 .... The Gallery, Peter St ..... one song in, power cut ... couple of acoustic songs, then full on electric set to just 200 people ... classic gig mate ...

Fantastic band with a great catalogue of tunes.
'Accelerate' was a return to form after a few piss poor albums.

one of my faves..

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47DYVhBgRmQ[/video]

Hollywood Blue said:
I used to like them, then I met Michael Stipe a couple of times in person and the man is a c**t and a liar.

So that tale which needed the Touch Teddy to get the awful story across wasn't true?

We believe you, I mean Michael Stipe must be short of a few quid nowadays and for him try to squeeze a few quid out of some random guy he met is a very believable story.

saw them 3 times in Edinburgh in small venues and they were fab
bunked into the Murrayfield gig and they were rank rotten
still like them though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.