The home support is terrible

Stretford Born Blue said:
I know we are British and all that (well most of us), and we're all well reserved and proper like...........!!!, but why can't we all make a noise inside a stadium full of 40000 plus people. look around other foreign leagues, fans in stadiums well before kick off, not to see some pre match entertainment, but to show support and passion for their chosen team, who stands in unison, jumping up and down, singing the clubs anthem, Christ, our Blue Moon never gets going, we should all be on our feet, scarfs above our heads blasting it out. Atmospheres are created by fans in the main. I disagree with all this corporate, plastic, older fan, Show sec and split singing section tripe diminishing the passion we should show. I think we the fans need to take a good look at ourselves and open our mouths some more in unison, thereby making some bleeding noise. The players must think we have given up, and that can't be helpful for their confidence if the people who turn up to watch then sound and look uninterested...?!

the british are not reserved ever been on a lads holiday abroad or to a festival. Pissed up singing and loud. Its usually the germans who are the reserved, yet they have the best support.

I know we are British and all that (well most of us), and we're all well reserved and proper like...........!!!, but why can't we all make a noise inside a stadium full of 40000 plus people. look around other foreign leagues, fans in stadiums well before kick off, not to see some pre match entertainment, but to show support and passion for their chosen team, who stands in unison, jumping up and down, singing the clubs anthem, Christ, our Blue Moon never gets going, we should all be on our feet, scarfs above our heads blasting it out. Atmospheres are created by fans in the main. I disagree with all this corporate, plastic, older fan, Show sec and split singing section tripe diminishing the passion we should show. I think we the fans need to take a good look at ourselves and open our mouths some more in unison, thereby making some bleeding noise. The players must think we have given up, and that can't be helpful for their confidence if the people who turn up to watch then sound and look uninterested...?!

There was a lad yesterday jumping about on row 1 showing sort of passion (I admit he didn't watch much of the game and can't say I don't blame him) but he was being filmed by GMP then about 15 Showsec turned up and chucked him out for gesticulating towards away fans (Hull ffs) .

He was embarrassing. Pity he didn't sing and support the team with as much passion.

The piss take chants about our corners were funny as fuck.

I'm fucking the season ticket off after this year after 16 years. the club doesn't care about the real fans anymore. Back when it was £500 or so you could justify it but my seats will be around £800 and being ripped off just doesn't appeal to me now. If the owner pulls the plug and we go back to needing season ticket money il be back supporting the club. Love city, hate modern day football.

forevermancity said:
I'm fucking the season ticket off after this year after 16 years. the club doesn't care about the real fans anymore. Back when it was £500 or so you could justify it but my seats will be around £800 and being ripped off just doesn't appeal to me now. If the owner pulls the plug and we go back to needing season ticket money il be back supporting the club. Love city, hate modern day football.
Goodluck ya twat

EDS game at minihad was better, stood up behind goals, had a laugh, stood where i want, good sing song... Even so several shots at goal first half..

Lets all go EDS games, pack it out to the rafters with 8,000, all sing / stand and have good day. Fuck the main game off, club will see a better atmosphere at minhad and reasons why.. Its due the 25 year circle !

Alternatively there is block 115..

I got a season and a half ban just for handling a smoke bomb. The ban was lifted at the start of this season and iv only been to the com shield game. The atmos is so shit and your hassled about standing, that I feel it isn't worth the effort, time or money. Iv turned into an armchair fan and will continue to be one until the atmosphere is sorted.

Iv tried like hell to get songs goin etc and just had blank looks in return. Id rather have ten thousand hard-core than the majority we have attending at the mo.

Thankfully the 1894 guys are tryin to improve things and I really hope something is sorted once the expansion is open.

trevorriley said:
EDS game at minihad was better, stood up behind goals, had a laugh, stood where i want, good sing song... Even so several shots at goal first half..

Lets all go EDS games, pack it out to the rafters with 8,000, all sing / stand and have good day. Fuck the main game off, club will see a better atmosphere at minhad and reasons why.. Its due the 25 year circle !

Alternatively there is block 115..

+1

mancityvstoke said:

There was a lad yesterday jumping about on row 1 showing sort of passion (I admit he didn't watch much of the game and can't say I don't blame him) but he was being filmed by GMP then about 15 Showsec turned up and chucked him out for gesticulating towards away fans (Hull ffs) .

He was embarrassing. Pity he didn't sing and support the team with as much passion.

The piss take chants about our corners were funny as fuck.

The twat in the white/cream jogging suit? He was a fucking embarrassment. I wished they'd thrown him out far earlier.

BlueHalli said:
Thankfully the 1894 guys are tryin to improve things and I really hope something is sorted once the expansion is open.

Something is sorted... the club have committed 115 (and possibly some of 114, can anyone confirm?) to the new singing area AFAIK. So here's a chance for people to help the atmosphere, including those who have given up and stopped going (which I don't blame anyone for... not much difference between sitting in the crowd and watching on TV if its silent). :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.