Jason Denayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denayer is not very big at all for a central defender but is usually more composed than Van Dijk imo.

I like the look of Virgil though & would happily see him at City for the right price. Worth a gamble if cheapish..

Denayer again had to do absolutely loads of muck n nettles defending at the weekend. People can say what they like about the standard of football, but a ball flying over your shoulder or at the top of your head with a bunch of blokes avidly charging to get on the end of it, & flying in to win the 2nd ball, is the same in Scotland as in England, & we have defnded that kind of stuff like absolute boiled shit this season, as did Utd & West Ham yesterday. Denayer is in the thick of that every game, over & over.

This is fantastic experience & practice for him. If Mangala & Fernando had the same, they may now be finding the Premier League a lot easier.

Neville Kneville said:
Denayer is not very big at all for a central defender but is usually more composed than Van Dijk imo.

I like the look of Virgil though & would happily see him at City for the right price. Worth a gamble if cheapish..

Denayer again had to do absolutely loads of muck n nettles defending at the weekend. People can say what they like about the standard of football, but a ball flying over your shoulder or at the top of your head with a bunch of blokes avidly charging to get on the end of it, & flying in to win the 2nd ball, is the same in Scotland as in England, & we have defnded that kind of stuff like absolute boiled shit this season, as did Utd & West Ham yesterday. Denayer is in the thick of that every game, over & over.

This is fantastic experience & practice for him. If Mangala & Fernando had the same, they may now be finding the Premier League a lot easier.

So true Nev. I have watched quite a few of his games this season and he always impresses.

I would have him over Fernando as a DM in a heartbeat. He has superior agility, superior ball skills including the ability to pick a pass, he is faster and is better in the air.

Whether next season is the right time I am not quite sure. But in the next couple of years I think he will make the transition to our squad. Besides we need some youth in our team. The old fellas are too complacent and need to be challenged!

jollylescott said:
Neville Kneville said:

So true Nev. I have watched quite a few of his games this season and he always impresses.

I would have him over Fernando as a DM in a heartbeat. He has superior agility, superior ball skills including the ability to pick a pass, he is faster and is better in the air.

Whether next season is the right time I am not quite sure. But in the next couple of years I think he will make the transition to our squad. Besides we need some youth in our team. The old fellas are too complacent and need to be challenged!
You obvioulsy didn't see Fernando in the portuguise league

spinzer said:
jollylescott said:
Neville Kneville said:

You obvioulsy didn't see Fernando in the portuguise league

I think that was just his cover.

JASON DENAYER last night handed Celtic a blow by revealing he wants to return to Manchester City next season.

The Belgian defender has enjoyed an excellent season at Parkhead with the Hoops on course for the treble and still in Europe.

Celtic boss Ronny Deila has made it clear he would love to extend the stopper's loan for another season and Ajax have also been credited with an interest.

But Denayer believes he will have a role to play in the English champion's side next term, where he could link up with international team mate Vincent Kompany.

He said: "I hope next season to be ready to play for City.

"If I ever get the chance to play alongside Vincent Kompany then I know I will have made it.

"I get compared with him now, but that's only because we play for City and are Belgian.

"I don't think we even have similar styles and if I want to make a name for myself rather than this image of the 'new Kompany.'

"But my view is that I will return to City next season."

But Denayer admits he's learned a lot from his season in Glasgow.

He said: "The Celtic manager called me in the summer and said he wanted me to fit into his plans.

"It's gained me experience of playing in the Champions League.

"I knew it would be difficult to get a game for City so going on loan was my best option.

"I scored in my first match for Celtic and I immediately felt like I belonged there.

"It helps we have someone there like John Collins, who used to be manager of Charleroi and speaks French."

Sounds to me like our club have informed him he's got a part to play here next season.This loan has been superb for all concerned,Denayer always had the raw ingredients to be a success,however,it seems this experience has made him blossom he's often praised for his soildity,his calmness,his awareness and his ability on the ball
Its going to be a huge leap from Scottish football to challenging for a place with us but I certainly wouldn't bet against him doing it.

I'm not sure he's keen on his 'Serco' nickname though......!

FantasyIreland said:
Sounds to me like our club have informed him he's got a part to play here next season.This loan has been superb for all concerned,Denayer always had the raw ingredients to be a success,however,it seems this experience has made him blossom he's often praised for his soildity,his calmness,his awareness and his ability on the ball
Its going to be a huge leap from Scottish football to challenging for a place with us but I certainly wouldn't bet against him doing it.

It's a huge leap, but other than aerial dominance, he has everything as a defender. He is a bugger to shake off 1v1 at that level.

Training v Aguero etc should give the manager a good idea how he can take that to Premier League level.

Neville Kneville said:
FantasyIreland said:

It's a huge leap, but other than aerial dominance, he has everything as a defender. He is a bugger to shake off 1v1 at that level.

Training v Aguero etc should give the manager a good idea how he can take that to Premier League level.

There really are a lot of positives to this kid, and I honestly think Demichellis will be able to show him how to better deal with aerial threats because Denayer is actually taller than him and I certainly wouldn't consider it a major flaw in demis game. It's all about coaching him to deal with it, reckon we can do that :) Plus Mangala will be dominating the air for us in a couple years time anyway eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.