Aldi Dog Food

SteWadda said:
Our dog gets aldi dog food, I eat there food so why shouldn't he.
Looks like any other dry dog food to me and is dirt cheap compared to a branded one, the dog treats are cheap and also look no different.

Im kinda surprised people are taking this thread so seriously

nimrod said:
I was in Aldi today with the Mrs

I saw these big sacks of dog food, and had a thought and was pissing myself laughing

Some dogs are rather intelligent arent they, and they learn stuff ? so I had this mental image of this dog seeing its owner coming in with a sack of this stuff and thinking.........'ohh fuck, he;s got that cheap shite again' lol

These sacks look like they last about a month and probably taste like shit haha

Yum Yum!!

yeah fuckin sure...

[bigimg]https://www.aldi.ie/typo3temp/pics/Rp_PC_dogfood_PD8_fb63fdfc7a.jpg[/bigimg]

One of, and possibly the main reason, Aldi is so cheap compared to the likes of Tesco, Asda, etc - is the way they manufacture, produce and market their products.

If you take the pet food, as per your example, Tesco will approach the supplier & say we want your product, but with these refinements and with this packaging. This costs an absolute fortune to do, (you have to employ product development managers, artwork consultants, engage with artwork houses, employ technologists, labelling technologists, etc etc) and the reason that they do is ten years ago consumers associated own-brand with quality at an affordable price. The simplicity of Aldi and Lidl is they approach the same suppliers that the major retailers use, but tell them to produce the product to the supplier's own specification and to use their own artwork. The standard of the product is more-or-less the same as the major supermarket own-branded product but produced at a fraction of a cost, to both the retailer and supplier, than the Tesco model costs.

All they're doing is reverting the market back to the way it operated 30 years ago, the major retailers here are so stuck in their ways (sometimes as the result of counter-intuitive commercial agreements) that they're unable to change strategy to adapt.

nimrod said:
SteWadda said:
Looks like any other dry dog food to me and is dirt cheap compared to a branded one, the dog treats are cheap and also look no different.

Sorry I didn't have anything funny to add.

DTKOAG said:
nimrod said:
I was in Aldi today with the Mrs

I saw these big sacks of dog food, and had a thought and was pissing myself laughing

Some dogs are rather intelligent arent they, and they learn stuff ? so I had this mental image of this dog seeing its owner coming in with a sack of this stuff and thinking.........'ohh fuck, he;s got that cheap shite again' lol

These sacks look like they last about a month and probably taste like shit haha

Yum Yum!!

yeah fuckin sure...

[bigimg]https://www.aldi.ie/typo3temp/pics/Rp_PC_dogfood_PD8_fb63fdfc7a.jpg[/bigimg]
Where's the white bag to make the Irish tricolour.

They can't sell the white one here - it's the one with horse meat!

SteWadda said:
nimrod said:
SteWadda said:

Sorry I didn't have anything funny to add.

nah thats ok mate, I just got this picture of a dog knowing what he was getting for the next 4 weeks, and being depressed, Ive no idea how good aldi dog food is, never had a dog, It could have been in Tesco brand or Asda

Poor old dogs eh, get zero choice in what they eat

maybe dog lovers should put 4 bowls down of different makes and see which he goes for, like give him a choice, maybe he'd be a happier doggy

The birds in my garden seem to like Aldi bird food, which was £8 for a huge bag weighting about 12kg.

They don't have to come to my garden. They could easily fly a mile or two to the gardens of Bowdon and Hale where the bird feeders are probably filled with premium seed sent in hampers from Fortnum and Mason.

urmston said:
The birds in my garden seem to like Aldi bird food, which was £8 for a huge bag weighting about 12kg.

They don't have to come to my garden. They could easily fly a mile or two to the gardens of Bowdon and Hale where the bird feeders are probably filled with premium seed sent in hampers from Fortnum and Mason.
I took my lad for a walk along the riverside yesterday to feed the asbo geese and I had prepared a bag of great treats for them. Cubed crust ends, garden peas, sweet corn and pretzels. I felt good about doing the poor little fuckers a favour, wish seagulls would piss off or, ducks would man up and batter em with their big bills

urmston said:

Urmston in funny post shocker!!

I've just got back from the Aldis where i bought an illuminating magnifying lamp, powder fire extinguisher, 3 tins of spray paint some nappies and a fatball and seed bird feeder for less than £45.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.