Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The holistic manager who wont make a decision

oakiecokie said:
Marvin said:
It's OK being holistic when all is well, but when tough decisions had to be made none seem to have been taken.

We have had some farcical performances this season. The CSKA games, and Cups will go down in history, but were there any consequences to these games? We have had some players playing way below the level they are capable of, and yet they still play

Is this because Pellegrini does not have the authority at the club to make controversial decisions? Sounds ridiculous, but remember the issue that was made about a new holistic approach and how the manager must work with the players. Perhaps Pellegrini does not feel that he can take on his dressing room and they know that?

Bollocks Marvin !!
Even Zabs said the other day that Pellers throws a fucking good tantrum,when the team are crap,so I don`t buy into your theory that he can`t take on the dressing room.

Yes, because Zaba would have said if it was the other way around, right ?
Bullshit, you would never know if the players are making a fool of the coach in the dressing room.
What happens there stays there.
About controversial decision, the only one i could think of is when he forced Hart to the bench and gave Costel a fair run of games last season.
Appart from that, he does look like to share an awful lot of similarities with Wenger : first of all, on there days, their teams plays some of the best football you could witness, with fancy tappy-tappa-tappout-tappshiet, but when things aern't easy and you have to grind some result, their inept tactics are non effective.
Secondly, they share the same mendatory-late quarter in second half - substitutions illness.
They aren't able to make immediate changes to a formation that doesn't work, others would, but not them.

Re: The holistic manager who wont make a decision

Frustrating as hell. All because we dont press as a team imo. He can teach the high line to defenders but then leaves them to rot in hell with not teaching the team to press as a team. Silva, Nasri, Yaya, Aguero, Dzeko are the main culprits in this.
If Simeone would come here, we would see the very same players tracking back and press like little angels or they would be beaten in the dressing room I am serious...

You think Simeone would ask any excuse of Nasri or Silva not trying 110% off the ball to get it back? "We arent defenders, we wont run back"
"We get too tired if we have to press a lot". Etc.

With Pellegrini imo same players get away not doing their job properly off the ball, defenders gets criticised every game tho, they are the ones making the mistakes. But they are exposed.
I think its a more valid excuse for them then "I cant press well' from Silva or Nasri. Why cant they? Who are they? I remember Silva playing extremely well and pressing opponents at the 2008 European Championship in Aragones' Spain. He was awful to play against as he had energy, balls to press the player, even harrasing them with a quite small body. Aragones said about him that he is small, and young but has the biggest balls lol.

He can press. Is he too comfortable to do that for the team for 90 minutes? Thats ok. Then dont press. Same for NAsri, dont press if you dont want.
Yaya cant for fitness reasons? OK you can get away with it too. Dzeko, Aguero? You prefer waiting the ball instad working hard to get it back? OK.

Are Pelle fucking begging them to work hard? He should fucking order them but thats not holistic maybe. There is tactical discipline in our team. And we get punished for it.

BlueAnorak said:
In any sport the best managers/coaches set their team to take away the opposition strengths, minimise their own deficiencies and exploit the opposition deficiencies.
Pellers DOES NOTHING with respect to the above.

totally agree with this

I have a feeling if we fail to win any of our three next up and coming games against Leicester, Burnely and Barcelona I reckon we will let Pellegrini go and let Vieira have the remaining couple of games.

We won't finish outside the top 4, we have too much quality and the players won't allow it.

sam-caddick said:
I have a feeling if we fail to win any of our three next up and coming games against Leicester, Burnely and Barcelona I reckon we will let Pellegrini go and let Vieira have the remaining couple of games.

We won't finish outside the top 4, we have too much quality and the players won't allow it.
I think plans for his sacking at least by the summer are already in process tbh and the Barca game will be the main deciding factor. Losing/not losing points will probably not affect anything if we can't win the league.

But what calibre of Manager is going to come with the Barca Boys still callling all the shots so that the Coach is just a fall guy for them.
Pelly may have come up short but he's been shafted by Txixi in my view who must be held equally culpable for this Seasons under achievment.

Paul_Powers_Tash said:
I've been highly critical of Pellegrini's tactics against the better teams both in Europe and in the premier league. But I keep on telling myself that he MUST know better than me and many others, he's paid thousands of £'s per week for goodness sake.

Well today the game' up. I stared in disbelief at Pellers post match interview when he referred to us loosing because we didn't play as well as we did when we played 4-4-2 against Newcastle last weekend and it's not the system that was wrong today because it worked so well against Newcastle!

Our manager doesn't appreciate that there may be differences between playing Barcelona and Liverpool at Anfield and playing a Newcastle team with one win in 7 at the time.

As for replacements I can't see us getting Pep or Ancelloti. Simeone looked to be a contender but with the new Chinese billionaire investor at Athletico I can't see him leaving, so what does that leave us with. Would we really put our faith in Klopp who looks to be relegated this season? I dont think so.

Bottom line is if we get rid of Pellegrini and I think we now must, then we have very few options but to take a chance on an unproven manager at the highest level. Football has moved on and dinosaurs like Pelkegrini and the idiot from across the road Van Gaal are looking more and more out of their depth. For me there are two bright young managers in the Premier League playing modern, fluid, high tempo football. We lost to one of them today and the other lost the cup final today. We won't get Rogers which leaves Pochettino as our new manager if we can prose him away from Spurs.

Relegated ?you need to take off some few seconds and look at the bundesliga table,youll be surprised.

TrueBlue1705 said:
His credibility is taking a nose dive ... Playing 2 up top in the big games is bad enough but then trying to justify it in post match press conferences and interviews is coming across a bit deluded.... Have to ask what we're working on at training as well ....

1) Our corners are are a disgrace, we don't seem to have a clue what we want to do with them, and we have top players like Silva and Nasri delivering some terrible crosses ... There is some ridiculous figure doing the rounds about how many corners we had without scoring but considering we're a big powerful team we are woeful .... Would prefer the likes of Milner and Kolarov taking corners at least they whip the ball in with some venom ...

2) Our defending from set pieces has been poor ... I dunno if we're looking to step up ot what - it looks all over the place and end result a lot of the time is we don't catch anyone offside and our players just end up on the wrong side of the attacking players ..... It terrible

3) Tactically not good enough in big games .... Chelsea are over-achieving with a manager who is relentless and leaves nothing to chance, don't get me wrong I hate the abhorrent little tw*t Mourinho but he is nothing if meticulous, Pellegrini on the other hand seems to believe in some sort of footballing eutopia where we go out express ourselves and don't worry about the finer details ... A similiar approach to that which has not served Wenger too well for many years without a trophy until recently ...

Excellent post mate

The only way we would sack Pellegrini is if Pep commits to come to City in the Summer. Viera would come in for the remainder of the season and get some great experience with the view of working with Pep next year. It's all about timing, from a risk assessment side of things we MUST qualify for the CL. We wouldn't want to rock the boat if we haven't guaranteed that position.

If Pep isn't available then I'd keep Pellegrini until the end of the season and review his performance then.

It's fair to say that although we have been pleased with Mancini and Pellergrini after they got stuck in to the job, we all werent overly excited when they came on board (for Mancini it was simple cos anything is better then Hughes). Pep would be the type of manager that would excite me and would be amazing to watch transform the team into European contenders. We aren't that at the moment. We HAVE the players and with a few solid new players we should be competing in Europe every year.

As soon as i saw the team yesterday I knew we would lose .
Why should i be so negative .
Well it's like I'm watching the same mistakes being made over and over again .I don't think Pellergrini fancies being in Manchester for a 3rd season .
I think one of the reasons he can't be arsed, is the no new contract after last season .
All the main players got new contracts but not him .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.