Marcos Lopes

Lopes will make it at City if we get rid of the dead wood that is blocking him at the moment. Navas, Milner, Lampard and Jovetic wont be here next season so he has to take one of those positions in the squad. When he was injured Lille where really struggling but since hes come back they have dramatically improved. Hes got a bit to go to be a 1st team player but like others have said, he has what Nasri and Silva dont, the ability to run at players and beat them.

You look at other top teams and they all have players who can pick the ball up deep and beat men, whereas we dont. That is what we are lacking big time. Chelsea have Hazard, Liverpool have Sterling, Arsenal have Sanchez and Walcott. Thats just the prems top teams. Lopes is not at that standard yet but hes the best player to come from the academy since Sturridge.

City Watch @City_Watch · 16s 17 seconds ago
La Voix du Nord: Lille hope to loan Rony Lopes for another year. City haven't ruled it out but want to extend his contract before deciding.

I think whatever we do we absolutely have to extend his contract.

If he does go on loan again we will miss out on him becoming homegrown, he will come back to us aged 21 having only been at City for 2 seasons.

I personally think we should bringing him into the squad.

If we loan him out again then we may as well move the academy forum to the "general football" section, as it will mean there really isn't any link between them and the Man City first team. I'd be shocked if he's not part of the squad next year and hugely dissapointed.

niall_mcfc said:
Lopes will make it at City if we get rid of the dead wood that is blocking him at the moment. Navas, Milner, Lampard and Jovetic wont be here next season so he has to take one of those positions in the squad. When he was injured Lille where really struggling but since hes come back they have dramatically improved. Hes got a bit to go to be a 1st team player but like others have said, he has what Nasri and Silva dont, the ability to run at players and beat them.

You look at other top teams and they all have players who can pick the ball up deep and beat men, whereas we dont. That is what we are lacking big time. Chelsea have Hazard, Liverpool have Sterling, Arsenal have Sanchez and Walcott. Thats just the prems top teams. Lopes is not at that standard yet but hes the best player to come from the academy since Sturridge.

It isn't just that can run from deep and go past people but he is also more of a goalscorer than Nasri or Silva.

A must for the squad next season.

Because of Rony,could we even cash in on Nasri? while using that money to buy a much more useful orthodox winger?

That scenario satisfies a couple of our issues.

FantasyIreland said:
Because of Rony,could we even cash in on Nasri? while using that money to buy a much more useful orthodox winger?

That scenario satisfies a couple of our issues.

I don't think it would necessarily have to be a winger if we were to change the system to a 433 of some form then a player like Dybala to play as a wide forward or as a striker would be a good idea because of his skill, directness and speed.

sam-caddick said:
City Watch @City_Watch · 16s 17 seconds ago
La Voix du Nord: Lille hope to loan Rony Lopes for another year. City haven't ruled it out but want to extend his contract before deciding.

I think whatever we do we absolutely have to extend his contract.

If he does go on loan again we will miss out on him becoming homegrown, he will come back to us aged 21 having only been at City for 2 seasons.

I personally think we should bringing him into the squad.

I thought because he was our player it didn't matter that he was loaned out he will still be home grown, not only that his birthday is December so if he goes out on loan again when he returns he will still only be 20 and have 6 months until he turns 21 so it all would depend on when we signed him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.