Taekwondo

CTID1988 said:
I did it for a while and it wasnt for me. I started doing Krav Maga, a martial art used by the israeli military, and without boasting i think i could batter you all
Do you train in Manchester?

aguero93:20 said:
blueinsa said:
First lesson tonight at the ripe old age of 44 and was wondering if anyone on here did it and if so, am i mad?

Not at all bud, I've seen lads far older than you take up Jujitsu and do well and they take similar amounts out of you physically.As long as you're willing to do the graft you'll be fine.

Tell you what though, I had you pegged at 10-15 years younger from your posts. :)

In my head im much younger. Well went last night and this morning i feel like ive dislocated my left hip but onwards and upwards. Good long walk with the dog this morning to loosen up and a session of taebo tonight in front of the tv to keep myself moving.

foetus said:
CTID1988 said:
I did it for a while and it wasnt for me. I started doing Krav Maga, a martial art used by the israeli military, and without boasting i think i could batter you all
I've looked into this before but never tried it as there are no places near me that teach it. Is it worth getting into it? Looking for some fitness and also having the confidence to defend myself if ever needed.
If you are looking to get "fit" and learn how to "defend yourself", get in touch with the"British Combat Association" google it, they will put you in touch with a good "reality based self defence" club in your area. You wont go far wrong with them.

Taekwondo is fine if its fine for you.
Me personally I don't like it, I just feel Muay Thai and BJJ are more effective, but I am biased there as I've done it for awhile.
If i need to fight standing Muay is just perfect for me (my weight/height) and BJJ has saved my life literally on a few occasions.
But Taekwondo might work for you so go for it :)

blueinsa said:
First lesson tonight at the ripe old age of 44 and was wondering if anyone on here did it and if so, am i mad?

I did it for years in my younger days, I would say it's not great as you get older. Relies too much on flexibility and is very dynamic.

10 years ago, moved across to Kenpo JuJitsu, which I think is a great art and better as you move into your mid life

CTID1988 said:
Very intense one that CTID - Krav Maga seems to be about all out instant destruction.

blueinsa said:

Did Judo, got to blue belt in the 70's
Did Wing Chun Kung Fu in the 70's got to Brown belt.

I'm a deprecate old fart now, however I can still block and counter a punch and I reckon do a simple throw however I don't want to dislocate my new hip.

If your fit enough fairs do's. Martial arts are a great way to keep fit. Go for it, your not mad thats for sure.

Did it when I was younger won pretty much everything including the Nationals. U went out first round the the world championships tho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.