New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

Falastur said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
Falastur said:
Not a chance. And I'm a British MCFC fan flying over there for the game, so I couldn't care less about the lampard debate.
I know Falastur, I'm across the pond on their forums. It was just a (failed) attempt at humour.

Ah, got you. I would've laughed more but I lost all my humour around Lampard following the arguments that I had to spend hours moderating on the NYCFC forum. Honestly, it got to me so much that it killed my support for him as a City player as well as as a NYCFC player. Whenever he gets subbed on, the first thing going through my mind now is "great, that'll be a dozen more angry comments to read when I next log on.

What's the nycfc forum?

Falastur said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
Falastur said:
Not a chance. And I'm a British MCFC fan flying over there for the game, so I couldn't care less about the lampard debate.
I know Falastur, I'm across the pond on their forums. It was just a (failed) attempt at humour.

Ah, got you. I would've laughed more but I lost all my humour around Lampard following the arguments that I had to spend hours moderating on the NYCFC forum. Honestly, it got to me so much that it killed my support for him as a City player as well as as a NYCFC player. Whenever he gets subbed on, the first thing going through my mind now is "great, that'll be a dozen more angry comments to read when I next log on.
I know, I have the site a swerve since then. It's not even the fact that he was a city player - the forum descended into Mancini-esc scenes! It's got a lot better since then and I must say the chat box on Sunday was hilarious.

bugsyblue said:
Falastur said:
MCFCHOWELL said:

What's the nycfc forum?
I joined up yesterday its called the third rail.god its hard work to engage with them on anything .
They are very upset at the moment they have run out of letter x for their shirts as they need them for Sunday badly.
If you mention anything to do with lampard cfg absolutely nothing its like north Korea,I've already been accused of picking scabs when I just fancied finding out how they saw things.
If you want to know how to tie a scarf they are debating that at the moment !
The only thing I've learned so far is they hate adidas and love Nike !!

The NYCFC forum is nycfcforums.com. We're very happy to have straight-talking City fans who just want to chat football, but I would advise that if you want to actually sign up and post there that you post about NYCFC and not bring up lampard, city or the benefits of CFG. We've had a lot - probably several dozen all in all - City fans go and sign up there and proceed to either ask everyone why they aren't grateful that CFG gave them lampard, or tell them that they should embrace their status as an MCFC feeder as it will be worth it in the long run, or otherwise sound like a CFG propaganda machine.

In honesty, i can understand their viewpoints - even as a City fan who wants to lavish praise on the vision of CFG i have to admit that the way NYCFC has been handled off the pitch so far has been awful. I dont just mean Lampard - the team is being lambasted for its attitude to the media, its merchandise setup has been woeful, they've got their priorities all wrong on countless occasions, etc. The end result is that the majority of the users there have had enough and they won't tolerate it for one minute. Just don't do it. CFG has strong negative connotations for them at the moment and they don't want to be reminded of it. Talk about NYCFC, sure, but leave MCFC to Bluemoon - it'll save me a lot of moderating work if nothing else.

The Third Rail is actually the main supporters group. They're a pretty adversarial group in general. I'm not sure they even let non-members hang around on their forum. Our forum is a general forum for supporters from all corners.

Falastur said:
The NYCFC forum is nycfc forums.com. We're very happy to have straight-talking City fans who just want to chat football, but I would advise that if you want to actually sign up and post there that you post about NYCFC and not bring up lampard, city or the benefits of CFG. We've had a lot - probably several dozen all in all - City fans go and sign up there and proceed to either ask everyone why they aren't grateful that CFG gave them lampard, or tell them that they should embrace their status as an MCFC feeder as it will be worth it in the long run, or otherwise sound like a CFG propaganda machine. The end result is that the majority of the users there have had enough and they won't tolerate it for one minute. Just don't do it. Talk about NYCFC and leave MCFC to Bluemoon - it'll save me a lot of moderating work.

The Third Rail is actually the main supporters group. They're a pretty adversarial group in general. Our forum is a general forum for supporters from all corners.

You mean your forum is full of cunts?

I wouldn't worry about it, so are most NYCFC Forums

Ive just found out, that by chance NYC are playing orlando the day after we arrive there, in october, does anyone have any idea the best way to get tickets (obviously nearer the time), cheers

Falastur said:
The NYCFC forum is nycfcforums.com. We're very happy to have straight-talking City fans who just want to chat football, but I would advise that if you want to actually sign up and post there that you post about NYCFC and not bring up lampard, city or the benefits of CFG. We've had a lot - probably several dozen all in all - City fans go and sign up there and proceed to either ask everyone why they aren't grateful that CFG gave them lampard, or tell them that they should embrace their status as an MCFC feeder as it will be worth it in the long run, or otherwise sound like a CFG propaganda machine.

In honesty, i can understand their viewpoints - even as a City fan who wants to lavish praise on the vision of CFG i have to admit that the way NYCFC has been handled off the pitch so far has been awful. I dont just mean Lampard - the team is being lambasted for its attitude to the media, its merchandise setup has been woeful, they've got their priorities all wrong on countless occasions, etc. The end result is that the majority of the users there have had enough and they won't tolerate it for one minute. Just don't do it. CFG has strong negative connotations for them at the moment and they don't want to be reminded of it. Talk about NYCFC, sure, but leave MCFC to Bluemoon - it'll save me a lot of moderating work if nothing else.

The Third Rail is actually the main supporters group. They're a pretty adversarial group in general. I'm not sure they even let non-members hang around on their forum. Our forum is a general forum for supporters from all corners.
Bollocks. The truth is is that its full of rag, dipper, chavs plastics who hate that we have anything to do with nycfc. I signed up last year and all i heard was anti city shite.

everythingchangesbutblue said:
Falastur said:

Bollocks. The truth is is that its full of rag, dipper, chavs plastics who hate that we have anything to do with nycfc. I signed up last year and all i heard was anti city shite.

Of all the members who have made their allegiances clear, I'd say that City fans probably outnumbered the other teams (though only by a little, and I will concede that they are less anti-CFG than the rest). I don't remember seeing virtually anyone say the usual "blah blah plastic oil money team feck off City" stuff that we hear over here. If people were that anti-City, why would they bother supporting the team? The anti-City stuff that gets said is "we were promised a team that didn't take its identity from Manchester and instead we got a team playing in sky blue called City who started plucking our players before we ever played a game, blah blah etc etc".

A lot of people here seem to want to say that NYCFC should embrace its status as a CFG club and if they can't accept it then they can toddle. To an extent I agree, but that's just not how the American sports mindset works. Their previous allegiance for a rival club doesn't make them have the same virulent hatred for NYCFC that would prevent us from ever associating with a club linked to a rival in the first place. The fact that they have a local club to support (the Red Bulls just aren't considered local by NYers) overrides these sympathies. They hang around and continue to support NYCFC because they genuinely believe that if they raise their voices loud enough then CFG will eventually relent and make changes such as dropping the sky blue. I think we all would agree that that's not likely to ever happen, but it's what they believe, or want to believe.

If you want to believe that the reason they are so fervent in their desire for a team that isn't mocked on social media for being a cheap City clone is because they are all dipper/rag/chavs who hate City then fine, but from the evidence I've seen what it comes down to is that they don't want to support a team that is playing second fiddle to another club. Many of those who support other clubs have actually talked with considerable excitement about seeing some of City's youngsters play for them. They all love Shay Facey because of his pre-season performances and the reputation he comes with. That's not the actions of people who can't stand City and will rip into us at every opportunity, that's the actions of people who are willing to put aside their foreign allegiances if it benefits their club.

At the very least, when we have genuinely had posts on the forum saying stuff like "Face it, you're Manchester City's feeder club. Get used to it", and when we've had numerous posters come on trying to explain why Lampard spending the first half of the MLS season in Manchester is beneficial to NYCFC, please consider that those kinds of posts are hardly likely to engender a sudden passion for CFG, and are in fact quite likely to build resentment.

At the end of the day, though, what it really comes down to is this: if you're genuinely interested in NYCFC then by all means view the forum and sign up. If, on the other hand, you've already made up your mind that NYCFC is a den of scum who have no right to be associated with God's Own Club, then why bother arguing about it? Just ignore the forum's existence altogether.

A lot of what Falastur says is spot on, but he'll probably admit this himself, as a City fan it is hard watching some of the stuff that gets said about the club. Not that it isn't true, just we are all boast for the club. When you read into what they're saying you can agree with them, to some extent. I must say however, I prefer the Melbourne fans - maybe that's because they share many similarities with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.