Gareth Bale

blueparrot said:
spanishblue said:
supercrystal7 said:
For a Premier League team Bale is just too good to turn down. Needs to have his ego checked a bit and start tracking back again, but he is a world class player. Madrid fans want rid and he is not worth the money he will go for, but sometimes you have to overpay. Madrid will only sell if they have a replacement. With Reus deciding to commit his future there is no obvious big name for Madrid to replace him with. Thus I think Madrid might just be happy to sign De Gea and then decide what to do next season when other players might have made a name for themselves and Reus might be on the market.

If Bale is available for 60 million then Chelsea, United and City have to find a way to raise the money.

De Gea to Madrid Bale to rags I think will be the likely outcome

But that would leave them needing a keeper defenders and central midfield as positions to fill before thinking about a left sided attacking midfield, not to mention replacing van persie and Falcao, can't see it unless they sell Di Maria.

We are talking about TT here :-) and I think Maria will be on his bike at the first sniff from PSG or any other offer to be honest

spanishblue said:
blueparrot said:
spanishblue said:
De Gea to Madrid Bale to rags I think will be the likely outcome

But that would leave them needing a keeper defenders and central midfield as positions to fill before thinking about a left sided attacking midfield, not to mention replacing van persie and Falcao, can't see it unless they sell Di Maria.

We are talking about TT here :-) and I think Maria will be on his bike at the first sniff from PSG or any other offer to be honest

Bale leaving Madrid seems a very strong prospect. They always find someone to buy and look to appease the fans more often than not. A bid in the region of what they paid for him should be enough.

With new tv money in the PL a number of clubs could sign him – it would come down to who wants him most and where he is happy to go.

United seem in pole position as they look like losing a few players so will be very keen to get a big player in early on in the window (that might make the loss of any combination of: Falcao, De Gea, ADM, Nani etc less dramatic) . Chelsea always seem capable of getting deals done although they need him the least. He would fit well with us but we don’t seem to have shown any interest and if anything we do deals slowly.

This seems the most nailed on big transfer battle of the summer to me.

after fabregas, we can't afford to loose another quality homegrown player. if Bale really available, he should be our top priority in the summer.

Bale or Sterling will be a Manchester City player this summer.

I'm confident of it, both are brilliant homegrown wingers.

CityFan94 said:

Bale to us should be taken seriously because we were "very" in for him before he moved to RM, but the prospect of Spain and Real Madrid was too good for him to turn down.

We were very close to getting him and maybe Danamy or Tolms can confirm this so, I wouldn't be surprised if tried again for him IF he was available this Summer...

I just get the feeling he will not run from RM and fight it out.

CityFan94 said:

It will be good for us to add that pace to our side. I think we've been a bit of a disjointed team in recent years. Trying to play the possession football of Barcelona but ending up a bit like Arsenal with an over-reliance on passing the ball into the net and a lack of pace. It will bring out the best in players like Silva and Aguero if we bolster the side with attacking players in wide positions.

He was tipping us to win the league last season, maybe he'll be interested in helping us to win it again ;) ?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/real-madrid-star-gareth-bale-3268179" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... le-3268179</a>

An Arsenal fan claims that part of the deal that took Bale to Real was that they would have to pay Spurs 'X' amount of money extra if he moved back to the PL within 3 years. Anybody else heard this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.