Deportation of Carl Jordan

urmston said:
If he had no right to live here 53 years ago what has given him that right since then?

I mean a legal right of course, not an imaginary right based on emotions and political views.

He would of had a right but his mum 50 years back didnt sort it out back then hence the situation hes in now, he will more than probably get dual nationality which is his legal right, this is a big waste of tax payers money as was sending eight big fuckers in two vans to initially arrest him over it at work despite it being him contacting them which brought there attention to him in the first place, you really couldnt make this shit up

Fuck him, he's a rag anyway. ;)

Only joking, good luck to him. I'm sure this will be sorted in his favour.

Our son in law is Canadian and the problems we are still having some 4 years after he married our youngest daughter,in getting him a passport that will allow him entry on a regular basis to the UK.
The biggest problem is that we have no treaty with Canada and IMO its a "tit for tat" policy thats being used to help deport Carl Jordan back to Canada.
Our daughter and son in law ,who live in Bulgaria,finally managed to get a 6 month visa for Alexs and they are currently living in the Manchester area,but applied, whilst here, to the Home Office,to view Alex`s case.It can take up to 18 weeks to finalise.This is now the 15th week.

Gelsons Dad said:
denislawsbackheel said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Which is why I haven't signed.

His mother is British. Why doesn't he have dual nationality?

If he wasn't born in the UK before 1983 he isn't automatically a UK citizen regardless of his mother's nationality

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_nationality_law#Children_born_abroad_to_British_mothers_before_1983" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_na ... efore_1983</a>

So he's had 53 years to do this:
Children born abroad to British mothers before 1983[edit]
There are two paths through which children of British mothers and children of British fathers born abroad before 1983 can acquire a passport, and the differences have a bearing on costs. Children of British mothers born before 1983 may require a nationality registration fee, which (as of 22 November 2010) is free (although they must pay £80 for a citizenship ceremony). They also must undergo a background check into their eligibility and be of "good character" and attend the citizenship ceremony.[10]

Why would you not get it done before say getting married or having kids or getting a job? And why doesn't he just do it now?

Exactly this.
why doesn't he do as above? Maybe his background check will pick something up? It may be possible he is not of good character

oakiecokie said:
Our son in law is Canadian and the problems we are still having some 4 years after he married our youngest daughter,in getting him a passport that will allow him entry on a regular basis to the UK.
The biggest problem is that we have no treaty with Canada and IMO its a "tit for tat" policy thats being used to help deport Carl Jordan back to Canada.
Our daughter and son in law ,who live in Bulgaria,finally managed to get a 6 month visa for Alexs and they are currently living in the Manchester area,but applied, whilst here, to the Home Office,to view Alex`s case.It can take up to 18 weeks to finalise.This is now the 15th week.

Eh? Canada is part of the commonwealth and the head of state is the queen of England.

I seen this on Granada last night, he has an American passport and was advised in 2007 by Immigration to sort out his Citizenship sooner rather than later, several letters later and he still has done nothing, I think in the end they lost patience with the fella, hence the situation he is now in, all brought on himself by what I saw last night. Hope he gets it sorted but he's been silly ignoring what he was advised.

Barcon said:
oakiecokie said:

Eh? Canada is part of the commonwealth and the head of state is the queen of England.

We don`t have a treaty ref allowing Canadians/British (vice versa) into our countries other than on a short term visa.My wife and I contacted the Home Office showing that we would be supporting our son in law financially and even our daughter was in full time employment,showing that she had a regular income.Alex`s parents who now live in Texas hired a lawyer,but to no avail.
And just in case you are wondering,our son in law does NOT have any criminal record.

oakiecokie said:
Barcon said:
oakiecokie said:

We don`t have a treaty ref allowing Canadians/British (vice versa) into our countries other than on a short term visa.My wife and I contacted the Home Office showing that we would be supporting our son in law financially and even our daughter was in full time employment,showing that she had a regular income.Alex`s parents who now live in Texas hired a lawyer,but to no avail.
And just in case you are wondering,our son in law does NOT have any criminal record.

Just because he´s married to your daughter doesn't give the right to live in the Uk. I´m sure if you go though the right channels he´ll get a long stay visa (or whatever they are called)
Shame he couldn't get a Bulgarian nationality whilst he worked there.

smudgedj said:
oakiecokie said:
Barcon said:

Just because he´s married to your daughter doesn't give the right to live in the Uk. I´m sure if you go though the right channels he´ll get a long stay visa (or whatever they are called)
Shame he couldn't get a Bulgarian nationality whilst he worked there.

They still live in Bulgaria but decided they wanted to spend some time in the UK,for an extended period to be near our family.As soon as they hear whether Alex has got the nod from the Home Office,then they will head back to their home in Bulgaria.To gain duel nationality with Bulgaria you have to live their for x amount of years and prove that you have means to support yourself,even though the country is regarded as one of the poorest in Europe.
I`ve never suggested for one minute that our son in law merits an indefinite passport which would allow him to travel in and out of the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.