Rodney Marsh

MCFCinUSA said:
BLUEinTheUSA said:
He does a radio show over here in the States called "Grumpy Pundits" on sirius with Tommy Smyth (the onion bag idiot). Despite Rodney's attention whoreishness, it's at least entertaining because they both just rip the piss out of United most of the time.

is this broadcast online Blue?

Not as a standalone product, I don't think. It's broadcast on SiriusXM channel 94 from 9-11am EST Tues, wed, and thursday. I believe you can listen to it online only if you sign up to Sirius and then pay a small fee to listen to all their channels online.

whicko said:
Marsh really is a first class dick,he came to City and cost us the title with his slow lazy arse style in the days we were all about pace with Buzzer and TC on the wings, his style of play was more suited to Billy Smarts Circus, even SKY booted the 'City Legend' (my Arse) idiot off, just ignore him and he might go away.

TC left around three years before Rodney arrived!

He didn't cost us the league so much as Allison dropping Wyn Davies and changing our style to accommodate him at a crucial part of the season. He should've been eased in gradually, a fact Marsh concedes readily.

As an earlier poster stated, he split fans right down the middle and I for one had many a Saturday afternoon brightened by his brilliance.

"A touch of the real Rodneys!"

cheers for that.. much appreciated

.. I'm not a subscriber although I used to listen to Stern when I lived in New York and before he left terrestrial radio for Sirius; I don't think I'd sign up just to listen to Marsh & Smyth, especially as I find Smyth particularly annoying.

.A. said:
He hasn't slagged us off, just observed that our 'project' is flawed and needs to be pulled into line with those clubs we aspire to emulate. Nothing wrong with that, it clearly isn't working.

I'm more concerned by the people who try to convince themselves that Txiki and Pellegrini are doing a good job for us, that Mangala, Navas and Fernando are the kind of players to keep us competitive moving forward.

Seriously fella just go back to red cafe! Not even trying now are you.

.A. said:
He hasn't slagged us off, just observed that our 'project' is flawed and needs to be pulled into line with those clubs we aspire to emulate. Nothing wrong with that, it clearly isn't working.

I'm more concerned by the people who try to convince themselves that Txiki and Pellegrini are doing a good job for us, that Mangala, Navas and Fernando are the kind of players to keep us competitive moving forward.

To think that I was fooled by all of those trophies the project brought in and the 800% renveue gain. Silly me

Trautmannesque said:
whicko said:
Marsh really is a first class dick,he came to City and cost us the title with his slow lazy arse style in the days we were all about pace with Buzzer and TC on the wings, his style of play was more suited to Billy Smarts Circus, even SKY booted the 'City Legend' (my Arse) idiot off, just ignore him and he might go away.

He didn't cost us the league so much as Allison dropping Wyn Davies and changing our style to accommodate him at a crucial part of the season. He should've been eased in gradually, a fact Marsh concedes readily.

As an earlier poster stated, he split fans right down the middle and I for one had many a Saturday afternoon brightened by his brilliance.

Yes sorry about that TC had gone by the time Marsh arrived, if I remember rightly the Rags signed Ian Storey Moore round about the same time, but Marsh did cost us the league in my humble opinion.

whicko said:
Trautmannesque said:
whicko said:

Yes sorry about that TC had gone by the time Marsh arrived, if I remember rightly the Rags signed Ian Storey Moore round about the same time, but Marsh did cost us the league in my humble opinion.

You're spot on regarding Ian Storey Moore. The respective transfer fees were similar too (circa 200k)

Moore got off to a good start hence the rags chant, to the tune of Jesus Chris Superstar:

Rodney Marsh, superstar
How many goals have you scored so far?
One or two, three or four?
Not as many as Ian Moore

Sadly for him , he was badly injured soon after and forced into early retirement.

Trautmannesque said:
whicko said:
Trautmannesque said:

You're spot on regarding Ian Storey Moore. The respective transfer fees were similar too (circa 200k)

Moore got off to a good start hence the rags chant, to the tune of Jesus Chris Superstar:

Rodney Marsh, superstar
How many goals have you scored so far?
One or two, three or four?
Not as many as Ian Moore

Sadly for him , he was badly injured soon after and forced into early retirement.
Yes remember that our response was 'Rodney Marsh superstar you can stick your Storey Moore up your f---ing arse!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.