Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a few days reflection on Mondays and this seasons results, its clear he has to go. Yes we are need of a overhaul within the squad but its equally clear we cant just go spend whatever we want any more to fix every single issue, especially within one window. The buck stops at the manager and whilst I really do like the guy and respect his achievements just last season, his stubbornness and constant rotation involving players clearly not good enough or willing enough has left me thinking he has lost the plot to a certain extent. If the run we went on before xmas when Kun was injured didn't turn a few lights on for him then im lost for excuses for the man.

Khaldoon, Ferran and Txiki need to get to work and work on a replacement other than Pep unless they can work a miracle and get him here this summer which isn't going to happen.

andersmcfcdk said:
If we lose against the rags, do you think the board would sack him?

No. You don't sack a manager with a few games to go in the season and your still not assured of a CL spot.

I personally believe he will still be in charge next year also.

badmash said:
He will probably be here next season. I have a feeling they are planning everything on getting Pep when his contract runs out.

They better have the pre contract signed in blood if that's the case and until we have the players able to cope, 4-4-2 had better be a thing of the past as far as the gaffer is concerned with Ferran and Txiki making sure he has heard that request!

Well, I suppose he is the CEO that appointed Begiristain, but it's a bit of a fetch to fall on his sword for that, even if Begiristain is sacked, which he won't be.

Idontpullout said:
Dubai Blue said:
better dead than red said:
According to the BBC gossip the Sun says City plans on sacking Pelegrini, Soriano and Begiristain this summer. I don't subscribe to the Sun, so I can't provide a link.
Soriano seems to have done a decent job on the business side of things, but the other two should be dead men walking.
exactly. No idea why sorriano should be caught up in this speculation.

You absolutely do sack him if it there is a chance of missing out on the top 4. The Board is there to take the tough decisions. Actually, no. The Board is there to rubber stamp the tough decisions made by the good Sheikh and Khaldoon.

mosssideblue said:
andersmcfcdk said:

No. You don't sack a manager with a few games to go in the season and your still not assured of a CL spot.

I personally believe he will still be in charge next year also.

de niro said:
not a fan of sacking managers but something has to change and when thats the case its usually the manager that cops it. i'd look higher up than him and certainly would throw a glance at platini. i believe neville has said we should take uefa on, well i agree, if we never win another thing we should expose this scam.
Whilst I cannot lay blame at the door of FFP for this season´s debacle (we´ve squandered good money imo - the Barca boys, MP etc is another matter) I think it´s time the gloves came off for a full on fist fight with the swamp dwellers over the real reason for Gill´s secondment to Uefa. We need to expose it for what it is - corrupt

cleavers said:
Blue Hefner said:
andersmcfcdk said:

Without doubt

Losing to that lot is completely unacceptable, this season has in the main been rubbish and beating United is the only thing that could lift the mood and if he can't do that then we are wasting are time with him, and a lot of the players

Also, if we do lose, Liverpool and Spurs could be breathing down out necks which would be ludicrous position to be in and given our current form(inc loss in the Derby) they'd probably catch us unless we make a change - as it happens, I think we'll beat them but then again I thought we'd win the league up until Palace scored the freekick
As fans that's what we think about losing to them.

However those in charge of the club would be much more likely to sack him for losing to say Middlesbrough, than united. Why ? Because one is a league below us, and the other at about our own level, so we are always more likely to lose to united, and we should beat a championship side 9 times out of 10.

I would hope that those in charge of the club, look at a defeat at old trafford in a far less critical way than losing at Burnley or even Palace, because of the respective levels of each club.

If they ever start acting like fans would, then we really are in trouble.

I completely understand where you are coming from. Given our form vs their form, a United win would be expected. If we lose, however, and if the decision re. His future isn't already made, I think the manner of a defeat may seal it. If they embarrass us, like we have them a few times recently, that could seal it. That would represent as big a step back as any this season in a way, despite losing much easier games.

United are a rival, of course. But we have overtaken them and had some huge victories on a big stage. If we go there and they do to us, what we did to them last season, I can see that being the end of him, despite the fact that they are genuine competitors.

blueinsa said:
After a few days reflection on Mondays and this seasons results, its clear he has to go. Yes we are need of a overhaul within the squad but its equally clear we cant just go spend whatever we want any more to fix every single issue, especially within one window. The buck stops at the manager and whilst I really do like the guy and respect his achievements just last season, his stubbornness and constant rotation involving players clearly not good enough or willing enough has left me thinking he has lost the plot to a certain extent. If the run we went on before xmas when Kun was injured didn't turn a few lights on for him then im lost for excuses for the man.

Khaldoon, Ferran and Txiki need to get to work and work on a replacement other than Pep unless they can work a miracle and get him here this summer which isn't going to happen.

That's where i'm at mate.

Nothing kneejerk,just common sense given the overwhelming evidence.

My biggest concern however.....there doesn't appear to be a suitable replacement available? so do we settle for an interim or risk getting it wrong again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.