City Women - Champions and Continental Cup Winners 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
coleridge said:
I don't know why I am in any way surprised by the partonising, ignorant drivel on this thread. It's like a UKIP football convention.

Describing grown women as girls!

I am also familiar with the dismissive tone. It goes the same for racism. Belittling the issue is the easiest form of oppression.

Being a bit over precious about the term girls and then to introduce racism into your argument for no reason other than to over dramatise your point.
You'd have to be very radical to take exception at "girls" - do you show the same indignation at the use of the term "boys" when refering to grown men? I imagine you're the type to make a principled point of singing "the MEN in blue never give in" and shouting "come on you blue MEN".

Personally I'm more critical of "Ladies" as a patriarchal term.

GaudinoMotors said:
coleridge said:
I don't know why I am in any way surprised by the partonising, ignorant drivel on this thread. It's like a UKIP football convention.

I am also familiar with the dismissive tone. It goes the same for racism. Belittling the issue is the easiest form of oppression.

Being a bit over precious about the term girls and then to introduce racism into your argument for no reason other than to over dramatise your point.
You'd have to be very radical to take exception at "girls" - do you show the same indignation at the use of the term "boys" when refering to grown men? I imagine you're the type to make a principled point of singing "the MEN in blue never give in" and shouting "come on you blue MEN".

Wrong.

coleridge said:
GaudinoMotors said:
coleridge said:

Wrong.

That's not how forums work. Either tell him why he's wrong or delete the post.

kp789 said:
de niro said:
i dont give a fuck about the picture, i dont regonise them as city players anyway, just bored women thinking they can play. if they were playing in our back garden i'd shut the curtains.
That is bang out of order.
no its not

its what most of us think but its not pc to say it,I have no interest in womens football ,I don't give a shit for citys womens team ,ive read one of them was a stupid fucker and had a picture done with van gaal ,shes a dick wrong time to do it , but we will still pay this lady(she actually looks like a football groupie hoping for a fuck off van gaal)

womens football is dogshit ,I would rather watch 22 pissed up sunday leaguers than any pro ladies team,

coleridge said:
Dodge said:
coleridge said:

I hear what you're saying but if you think that the girls/women is the most patronising/ignorant drivel thing you've heard on here for the last 24 hours then you're sadly mistaken.

I've personally referred to them as girls, because they have behaved in such a way, that isn't patronising. I refer to my partner, who attends every game with me, as my "girl" and she's in her mid-thirties (and I wouldn't dare patronise her because she'd kick my head in).

And I have to say, to liken this joke of an "issue" with racism is off the scale, even for this forum..

Thank you for proving my point. Nothing else need be said by me.

What is your beef with what I've said? What point have a proved by my post? Are you suggesting I'm one of the sexist tossers who infested this forum yesterday?

You were a poster I agreed with yesterday and I was totally condemning the foul abuse she was getting. You seem to have moved the goalposts slightly by getting a bit petty about a simple difference in language.

I really don't get this..

I feel ashamed and embarrassed to have been in the same stadium as some of those who are commenting such misogynistic and vile drivel.

I dont think some people realise how much crap these players have had to go through to get to where they are now! Someone makes a small mistake which gets thrown completely out of proportion and then gets the level of abuse that she got. It is staggering. If you made a small mistake in the work place, which you all have at some point, you would not expect to receive and abuse, maybe a slight correction or some feedback, but not the appalling comments that she has received. She should not have to apologise, it should be the other way round.

I just hope that Toni stays at city along with the other fantastic professional women players that we have. They are such powerful figures and role models within the womens game and give hope to lots of young aspiring female players that they may some day make it as a professional in a game where before there were virtually no opportunities unless you were male. Not taking your kids to watch the ladies team because of a small mistake is just denying your children some hope of being able to watch and aspire to get to the same stage.

I hope some people take a good hard look at themselves and their comments. If anything, my support for the womens team has just increased. I hope they realise that it is a small, stupid and ignorant minority who have this pitiful and sexist outlook on life.

sir peace frog said:
kp789 said:
de niro said:
i dont give a fuck about the picture, i dont regonise them as city players anyway, just bored women thinking they can play. if they were playing in our back garden i'd shut the curtains.
no its not

its what most of us think but its not pc to say it,I have no interest in womens football ,I don't give a shit for citys womens team ,ive read one of them was a stupid fucker and had a picture done with van gaal ,shes a dick wrong time to do it , but we will still pay this lady(she actually looks like a football groupie hoping for a fuck off van gaal)

womens football is dogshit ,I would rather watch 22 pissed up sunday leaguers than any pro ladies team,

De Niro is basically the Stephen Colbert of Bluemoon. And watching hordes of people agree with him is often at times entertaining.

sir peace frog said:
kp789 said:
de niro said:
no its not

You speak for yourself not 'most of us' you certainly do not speak for me. I have been involved in the game on a variety of levels and to hear your comments in regards to womens football, I find it laughable. Some of the female players I have worked with have far exceeded male players of the same age group.

It is the 21st century now buddy. Women can play football and play it well. If you cannot accept that then there is not much I can do, but I feel for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.