Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Prestwich_Blue said:
bluefandk said:
Sky reporting City not in for Klopp, pelligrini will be here next season, quoting "City Sources" :-(

If this is true then the club has gone mad.
Don't worry. 'City Sources' = de niro, the wumming bastard.

Time to burn De Niro at the stakes methinks, now where did I put my pitchfork?

bluemoon98 said:
someone go find Txiki and tell him majority want klopp ;)
I guess I'm in that minority. He'll be an upgrade over MP for sure but I still don't think he's elite enough and I'm tired of appointing managers in the 2nd zone. I want either the elite of elite or a project/intriguing choice alla Vieira.
Klopp's buys when he became rich were shit. I mean all of his buys after the Champions League final have been mediocre to absolute shit. PEA being maybe the best of the lot. So it won't help the argument that he can buy quality for cheap and groom them. If this Dortmund season hadn't happened I could have been like ok why not he's cool. But this season has been catastrophic. Whether you like it or not that's a sign and a very bad one. I can allow for an off year, but not an off year where you're scrapping relegation. If he was 5th - 4th that would be understandable. Everyone has off years, but with the player he has you can't be 18th-10th or whatever position Dortmund is in. Also last but not least, I have a thing against ALMOST people. "We'll he got into the final of the Champions league" Yes that's an achievement, but for me to become elite, you have to win it. Klopp has been in free fall for two years now and isn't it weird how all his stars don't hesitate to leave him to their worst enemy?

Why, oh, why are the two bumblefucks Txiki and Ferran SOOOOO obsessed with Pep?

He doesn't want to come and if we languish for another year as we wait in unrequited hope for him, we'll be set back another 5 years.

I'm hating everything coming out of City's press releases in the last couple of days.

They're saying the exact opposite of what we need to hear, I think.

Season's not even ended, either. We might not even get in the Chumps League, yet.

Damocles said:
depps said:
Damocles said:
There's no way we'd turn down a definite for a possible. Either we have Guardiola's signature somewhere or we're in for Klopp and briefing against it

I hope to god you are right because otherwise this could be the biggest mistake made by the club since the takeover.

If Pep isn't 100% nailed on then we have to at least be considering Klopp... even if Pep is 100% nailed on we should still be considering Klopp

Despite what people think on here at times, Txiki Begiristain is an accomplished and successful football executive with a great CV full of excellent and long reaching decisions that help turn Barcelona into the greatest team ever.

He's not a moustache twirling villain here to "purposely destabilize us" nor is he "a fucking moron". He'll be onto Klopp no matter what Sky Sources say. He interviewed Mourinho for Barcelona despite briefing the press that they have no interest in him at all. In fact he once claimed that we had no interest at all in Neymar despite seen seen at a Brazilian game and talking to Neymar's Dad. He's the Iraqi Information Minister when it comes to dealing with the press and the Press Office will be outright denying everything until some contact is made.

There's absolutely no chance at all that we don't interview Klopp unless he rejects us out of hand. Zero. It would be foolish not to hear him out even if our minds are already made up and it's not the way that Begiristain operates.
Have you seen John O'Shea's CV? Belting so it is.

Txiki is quite obviously not shit at what he does, however, I don't think he's "walking on water" Mr. Fantastic contrary to what people on here think.

This briefing at least shows he's learned from his previous mistakes of publicly courting another manager when we still have one.

Klopp makes more sense than Ancelotti.

Carlo like Mourinho needs an established team to thrive, you give them the tools and they will usually 7 or 8 time out if 10 succeed, but overhauling an ageing squad with new young and vibrant players and looking at the academy? No chance in my opinion.

Klopp has the perfect enthusiasm to thrive in England and albeit he has not had the best of times recently he has proved he can work with young players and bring them up through the academy system.

Klopp's football is far more entertaining as well.

Jürgen Klopp would certainly let us play in a different way than we have been used to in the last years. His Dortmund team plays with enormous energy and normally runs much more than the opponents. I am not sure he can implement this style of playing with our squad :-) It would be great though to get an injection of passion and energy into our team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.