Jurgen Klopp

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a perfect job for him surely, we're about to rebuild and will hopefully have good youth players to rely on in the coming years... if we use them.

It's all just a dream though, we're likely letting Pellegrini seeing out his contract and then I imagine Txiki will approach Pep in the same year.

SPIDERBOY said:
sam-caddick said:
SPIDERBOY said:
I have a feeling Klopp will end up at Real and we get Ancelotti.

Klopp made it clear that his next job had to be in a country that he can speak the language so he can get his idea across or they won't work.

Ancelotti isn't the right man in my opinion, he like Mourinho needs an established ready to go team to thrive and I don't think overhauling an ageing team and bringing in a lot of players in the 18-24 age bracket is his forte, if we wanted Ancelotti we should have gone for him a few years ago when this current City team was at it's peak.

I get the feeling reading from plenty of articles that it's Mansour who want Carlo, not Txiki and co.

I get what your saying Sam.........and I especially think your bang on the money regards Mansour,which is part of the reason I think Ancelotti will end up here.

I would be happy if we got Carlo, he would be the most respected manager the club has ever had, I just think he is the wrong choice at this moment in time considering we need a serious overhaul and rebuild.

Just seems like if we were going to get him the press would be going nuts with rumours that the deal was almost signed and sealed - the timing for such a deal is so perfect and uncomplicated.

The fact that they aren't really is a worry that we aren't interested.

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
NQCitizen said:
Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
I know which one got beat 7-1 last season.

Oh and to answer your question, Klopp! Lmao
... that was my point.

Sorry the way you questioned it suggested you were referring to Pep.
I was just trying to be deliberately ironic.

Pass up arguably a more impressive manager to wait for Pep.

Is it harder to win a Champions League with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta or back to back Bundesligas with Borussia Dortmund reaching a CL final too?

sam-caddick said:
SPIDERBOY said:
sam-caddick said:
Klopp made it clear that his next job had to be in a country that he can speak the language so he can get his idea across or they won't work.

Ancelotti isn't the right man in my opinion, he like Mourinho needs an established ready to go team to thrive and I don't think overhauling an ageing team and bringing in a lot of players in the 18-24 age bracket is his forte, if we wanted Ancelotti we should have gone for him a few years ago when this current City team was at it's peak.

I get the feeling reading from plenty of articles that it's Mansour who want Carlo, not Txiki and co.

I get what your saying Sam.........and I especially think your bang on the money regards Mansour,which is part of the reason I think Ancelotti will end up here.

I would be happy if we got Carlo, he would be the most respected manager the club has ever had, I just think he is the wrong choice at this moment in time considering we need a serious overhaul and rebuild.

*cough* .......... Joe Mercer ......... *cough*

BufordUSABlue said:
sam-caddick said:
SPIDERBOY said:

*cough* .......... Joe Mercer ......... *cough*

Indeed respected, but Carlo will go down as one of the greatest ever.

I still would prefer Klopp for the rebuild and his football.

leech said:
Just seems like if we were going to get him the press would be going nuts with rumours that the deal was almost signed and sealed - the timing for such a deal is so perfect and uncomplicated.

The fact that they aren't really is a worry that we aren't interested.

The media who had every single article on their back page linked to utd being awesome after the derby win ?
The media where praise is faint and valediction laced with sneers aimed at us is prominent ?

If you mean that media then i learned to not listen to them or care what they have to say about anything a while ago now.

99% of them are bloggers who just get paid. Not much different to that perez hilton so and so imo.

sam-caddick said:
SPIDERBOY said:
sam-caddick said:

It will be Carlo , Sam.

Promise.

When begiristain was photographed meeting pellegrini's agent in a cafe I thought it was a real error of judgement. it gave credence to rumours about mancini getting sacked and did us no good whatsoever.
I desperately hope we end up with klopp - pellegrini has to go - but I'm hoping he won't make the same mistake and if/when we end up with klopp it will be announced in the right way.

The candidates are beginning to take shape.

But if Barca win the CL it is not beyond the realms of possibility that all of these could be in the frame.

Ancelotti. For me the best choice. We don't need to dismantle this team. Pogba, Gudongan and Sterling and he'd have us challenging.

Klopp. What not to like. Enthusiasm, personality , relative youth and successful.

Guardiola. Great CV and a huge upgrade for us but personally don't think he that much better than the two already mentioned. Without Messi at Bayern he was stuffed by Carlo last year.

Benitez. Not as luminous as the 3 above him but again a serious upgrade. Disagree? Check out his CV.

And lastly

Patrick Vieira. Obviously the biggest risk but Txiki has previous with appointing from within. He has all the credentials. Great player, World Cup winning captain but then so did Bobby Moore.

The biggest mistake with all this talent available would be sticking with Pellegrini. In fact it would be criminally negligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.