Player topic: Yaya Toure 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueAnorak said:
Dax777 said:
mosssideblue said:
Put the fishing rod away mate. Not funny anymore
What fishing rod? Just coz most of you want to have preconceived notions before a single ball has been kicked and moan afterwards doesn't mean I should join in. As I was watching the game, I thought Yaya was better than most. Fernandihno, and Aguero were the only players who were better. He was better than Silva, Milner, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Navas and about similar to Zab, even though I gave him a bit of an edge. But there is no outrage about any of these players in fact some were even given a little praise for putting in an effort. Dont know what the fuk that means.

Here are the discernable facts
Shots:1) Aguero 5, 2) Yaya 2. Everyone else 1 or none

Shots on target: 2 Aguero, 1 Navas = Zero everyone else.

Pass Accuracy: 1) Mangala 100%, 2) Yaya 81%, 3)David Silva 80%

Aerial Balls won:1) Kompany 6, 2nd MDM 4, 3 Yaya 2: Everyone else 1 or none

Touches on the ball: 1) MDM 54, 2) Yaya Toure 52, 3) Pablo 52

Key passes: 1) Silva & Navas 2, Yaya, Zab, Lamps, Dihno, MDM 1. Everyone else 0.

Dribbles: 1) Yaya & Clichy 2, Dihno, Aguero and Komps 1; Everyone else 0

Dispossessed: David Silva & Milner 2, Aguero, Zab, Dihno, MDM, Komps Clichy, Nasri, Navas 1: Pay attention to who never got dispossesed: Yeah, Yaya !!(thats Inspite of more touches than most).

Unforced error: Sergio & Silva 2, Yaya, Milner and Navas 1. Others 0.

Tackles: Dihno 8. MDM 4, Zab 3, Yaya, Mang, Milner, Clichy, Komp, Nasri, Navas 1. others 0

Completed passes: 1) Silva 45, 2) Yaya 44 3) Zab 42 4)Dihno 41 others below

Long ball accuracy 1) Joe 4/16 2) Yaya 2/4 Everyone else 1 or less.

Percentage LB Accuracy: Yaya 50% & Silva 50% no one else above 33%

Thru Ball: 1) Milner 2, Yaya, Silva and Lampard 1. Everyone else 0.

Interceptions: Clichy 4, Zab & MDM 3, Yaya & Mang 2, everyone else 1 or 0

Fouls commited: Yaya & Zab 0. Clichy & Navas 3, Milner & Aguero 2, Everyone else who started had at least 2.

These are some of the emotion free stats for your perusal. I was the first to say Yaya should be sold when most of you were still being blue blinkered. And I'd complain when he is poor. Not saying he was great, but he was far better than many. Watching the game without some preconceived emotion about any player shows it. And the stats back it up.

He was average, like most of the others against a superior team on the night. But he was far from being the poorest player on the field. Of that I am absolutely certain.

So like I said earlier, I don't get the fake outrage :?

Is there a stat for:
1. Being no where near the player you're supposed to mark at set pieces?
2. Being nowhere near your assigned field position when attack turns into defence.
3. Casually jogging back to help out in defence when we've lost the ball up the pitch?
4. As 3. but not picking up opposition runners who run past you to give support to one of their attacks.

Because he was f*cking shit all of them on Sunday. Quite simply he went AWOL when City had to defend. i.e. he dropped Fernandinho in the shit time and time and time again.

you missed no 5. banging on the floor like a petulant child when he fell over claiming a foul when he should be busting a gut to get back to retrieve the ball he lost.
he was shit at that as well!

Yep! I have heard it all now. Lets blame him for the foul the ref didnt call. A clear as day foul. The dude had his shirt pulled for 2 steps. Perhaps Yaya should have called his own foul.

Some are just gettig silly with their claims.

Dax777 said:
Yep! I have heard it all now. Lets blame him for the foul the ref didnt call. A clear as day foul. The dude had his shirt pulled for 2 steps. Perhaps Yaya should have called his own foul.

Some are just gettig silly with their claims.

It was a foul (and we had a player booked for a shirt pull not long before that) but he should still have got up and got on with it but it's nothing new when he sites on the floor and has a tantrum.

Having said that I don't think Pellegrini is doing him any favours playing him in a central 2 when it's clear he doesn't have the legs for it.

Yaya Toure and Samir Nasri free to LEAVE Manchester City after limp title defence

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3037667/Yaya-Toure-Samir-Nasri-free-LEAVE-Manchester-City-limp-title-defence.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490</a>

blue underpants said:
Could be dropped on Sunday according to the MUEN

Yaya particularly seems someone that is hard to drop. I imagine his agent would be all over Sun, Daily Star to spout shit towards the club and Pelle.

But imo we have to drop him.

Damanino said:
blue underpants said:

Yaya particularly seems someone that is hard to drop. I imagine his agent would be all over Sun, Daily Star to spout shit towards the club and Pelle.

What difference would it make at this point? "Things aren't alright behind the scenes".. Well, no shit!

adrianr said:
Damanino said:
blue underpants said:

What difference would it make at this point? "Things aren't alright behind the scenes".. Well, no shit!

Beat me to it.

He/His agent can woman about anything they want.

Everyone is wise to them and, at this point, it makes not one iota of difference.

FantasyIreland said:
He should not be in the eleven on Sunday but I have little doubt he will be,and,yet again..... he will be allowing Song and co to waltz past him and have the freedom of the park.
I get where Dax is coming from, when has Yaya ever had a great game defensively even when we were at our peak and won titles he was never defensive. So people getting angry at him for not defending is just stupid. His attacking runs have stopped and the goals have dried up so fair enough if you're disappointed in his performances going forward.

MCFC4EVR said:
FantasyIreland said:
He should not be in the eleven on Sunday but I have little doubt he will be,and,yet again..... he will be allowing Song and co to waltz past him and have the freedom of the park.
I get where Dax is coming from, when has Yaya ever had a great game defensively even when we were at our peak and won titles he was never defensive. So people getting angry at him for not defending is just stupid. His attacking runs have stopped and the goals have dried up so fair enough if you're disappointed in his performances going forward.
Exactly been saying this for a while. He's not as mobile anymore but he's never been the most defensive player.His attacking threat and creating chances usually more than made up for that.

Our manager keeps wanting to use him in this role despite him failing.

And our other option is Nando who's shite.

If we end up keeping Yaya we should try using him as an attacking MF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.