Yaya Toure to Milan?

BlueDeadHead said:
sam-caddick said:
I think we will have to make some sort of compromise when it comes to selling Yaya.

I think because we want him out and because his wages are so high we will probably have to take a cut on our asking price so that the difference can pay for his wages.

I reckon we are going to struggle to get over £10m for Yaya.

It's probably going to cost Inter that much in wages per season.

Talk of £20m for him just won't happen.

Add on the penalty we have to pay for selling to European clubs because of exchange rates (the inverse of the bonus we get when buying in Europe) and I would be shocked if we get 10 million pounds for him. 5-8 imo...though it wouldn't surprise me if we let him go for free..

Not sure I understand this. If we agree to say, 20 mill pound for Yaya, then we get 20 mill don't we? Whatever that costs the buyer in Euros or Pesos is irrelevant, no?

Barcon said:
BlueDeadHead said:
sam-caddick said:
I think we will have to make some sort of compromise when it comes to selling Yaya.

I think because we want him out and because his wages are so high we will probably have to take a cut on our asking price so that the difference can pay for his wages.

Add on the penalty we have to pay for selling to European clubs because of exchange rates (the inverse of the bonus we get when buying in Europe) and I would be shocked if we get 10 million pounds for him. 5-8 imo...though it wouldn't surprise me if we let him go for free..

Not sure I understand this. If we agree to say, 20 mill pound for Yaya, then we get 20 mill don't we? Whatever that costs the buyer in Euros or Pesos is irrelevant, no?

Think his point is that, because Inter work in Euros and not pounds, they are more likely to offer the 'round' figure of €10m than £10m, therefore we're going to get a lower figure than we might've done.

Barcon said:
BlueDeadHead said:
sam-caddick said:

Sure, IF we agree to 20 million pounds. We don't get to control that though. We need a buyer who will pay the 20 million pounds and if it is Inter that means they will essentially be agreeing to 28 million Euros. They won't do that. So whatever they are willing to pay in Euros we have to take in the equivalent of pounds.

The flip side is when we buy. We could bid 50 million pounds for Pogba and Real would have to come up with 70 million Euros to match us.

Falastur said:
Barcon said:
BlueDeadHead said:

Think his point is that, because Inter work in Euros and not pounds, they are more likely to offer the 'round' figure of €10m than £10m, therefore we're going to get a lower figure than we might've done.
Indeed, but if the majority of our business is in euros, this apparent reduction in sales (in £) won't have as much of an effect on our buys.

What I mean is, if we had to get say De Bruyne for 50m£, then selling Yaya for 10m euro would only give us around 7m£, but since we are dealing with Wolfsburg, they will ask for 50m€, so we can make a better percentage of that

That's why I think we should not be worried if some of our sales are small in £, as long as we are getting a good € value and most of our purchases are from continental clubs.

18m£ might seem less for nasri, but sell to a continental club and we are getting 25m€, which is a decent value considering that the likes if Sanchez went for 40m€ and Isco for 30m€

bluechampion7891 said:
Falastur said:
Barcon said:

Indeed, but if the majority of our business is in euros, this apparent reduction in sales (in £) won't have as much of an effect on our buys.

What I mean is, if we had to get say De Bruyne for 50m£, then selling Yaya for 10m euro would only give us around 7m£, but since we are dealing with Wolfsburg, they will ask for 50m€, so we can make a better percentage of that

That's why I think we should not be worried if some of our sales are small in £, as long as we are getting a good € value and most of our purchases are from continental clubs.

18m£ might seem less for nasri, but sell to a continental club and we are getting 25m€, which is a decent value considering that the likes if Sanchez went for 40m€ and Isco for 30m€

Exactly...De Bruyne is a perfect example. We will never have to pay 50 million pounds though. That's 70 million Euros and they can't ask for that unless they get a bidding war with two English teams. As long as we are just bidding against European teams we have a great advantage.

BlueDeadHead said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Falastur said:

Exactly...De Bruyne is a perfect. We will never have to pay 50 million pounds though. That's 70 million Euros and they can't ask for that unless they get a bidding war with two English teams. As long as we are just bidding against European teams we have a great advantage.

De Bruyne won't go for more than 35m-40m pounds, that's the price what I think Wolfsburg have put on his head reading a few reports.

Bayern want him but if I remember correctly they also wanted Dzeko from Wolfsburg but they didn't want to deal with them and were more happy to deal with us, hopefully they can do the same this time around with De Bruyne.

sam-caddick said:
BlueDeadHead said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Exactly...De Bruyne is a perfect. We will never have to pay 50 million pounds though. That's 70 million Euros and they can't ask for that unless they get a bidding war with two English teams. As long as we are just bidding against European teams we have a great advantage.

De Bruyne won't go for more than 35m-40m pounds, that's the price what I think Wolfsburg have put on his head reading a few reports.

Bayern want him but if I remember correctly they also wanted Dzeko from Wolfsburg but they didn't want to deal with them and were more happy to deal with us, hopefully they can do the same this time around with De Bruyne.

Yep there is no way that Bayern is going to break their transfer record on De Bruyne. We simply can blow them out of the water (assuming the pound stays strong).

Keep him as long as we can.

He is one of the best players in the world.

And by the way, I don't we care about Yaya's wages because we are giving Sagna +120k a week for warming the bench.

Inter and Seluk will work together to make the fee as small as possible. I really dont expect it to be more than 10m pounds. That with his wages is already a big amount for Inter.

Its poor that we cannot get really good fees, like Tevez who became a crucial player for Juventus, top scorer, performing well in CL games as well, working unreal hard like we know he works his socks off and all this for 12m pounds.
While we spend two times of that on Bony, Jovetic etc who never will reach the level of Tevez imo.

But this is the reality if we want to get rid of players we have to accept criminally low fees as they are on high wages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.