Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not upset that we haven't got him, I'm upset because I know we're going to faff around with transfer. I just hope we don't spend months trying to get players. United and Chelsea have set their sights on someone and signed them in a flash.

sam-caddick said:
LoveCity said:
How to counter a signing like this:

Verratti - better than Gundogan, but an impossible dream?

Koke - Atletico plan to move him to central mid next season, a position where he'll become one of the best midfielders of the next half decade because of his excellent mix of technique + workrate. Maybe possible depending on his intentions (has a release clause).

Pogba is a different kettle of fish. He's a great player but not a real ball-playing midfielder. WE NEED A BALL-PLAYING MIDFIELDER! This is urgent, Yaya is the only one who can do that for us right now so if we can't sign one, then we either have to keep Yaya or become a less possession oriented team. If the above aren't possible, then Gundogan - who obviously is available - would have been an ideal signing. I struggle to think of many others... possibly Pjanic but I'm not sure he would deal with the intensity of the PL as well as the others. Modric would be a good short-term fix for a few years but wouldn't help with our quest to reduce squad age.

I don't ever see PSG and City doing a transfer for one of ours or their star players, I think there will politics involved with each of the owners in regards to a sort of in house footballing rivalry in that if you know what I mean, Abu Dhabi v Qatar etc...

I agree about Pogba, for me he is the perfect Yaya replacement, the rampaging midfielder who links defence and attack, but deep lying playmaker he isn't, and that's where Gundogan would have been perfect.

If we signed Pogba it would be the biggest transfer coup in the clubs history considering the other clubs competing for his signature, the deal to get him is going to be an immensely challenging one.

Koke I want but with Atletico now having money pumped into them through Chinese investment, you question whether he would want to leave at all.

Koke is the type of player we absolutely need in our system IMO. A midfielder that does attacking and defending with an unrelenting workrate. Even though I want Pogba as well, he's more of an ideal Yaya replacement than Pogba in many ways plus he can play in different positions. So far he's been linked with Chelsea which is very concerning.

Blue warrior said:
According to think its ajogo and abola Portuguese media we want/looking at Hector Herrera and his team mate Yacine Brahimi this weekend from yes u guessed it Porto lol.

If we want to compete against teams like Bayern successfully the last thing we need to become more like is Porto.

sam-caddick said:
Ray78 said:
How about Arturo Vidal?

United didn''t go for him in the end because of his knee issue.

He hasn't been the same player since that injury last season, very similar to Falcao.

The same could of been said about Gundogan (Etherington had to retire from a back injury).

United are building a very nice team and will challenge for the Champions League next season if they buy two top notch central defenders as well.

We will end up going for English I bet.

We will try for Pogba but get done over by Madrid and instead we will go for Jack Wilshire and Ross Barkley.

Luke The Blue said:
Why do I get a feeling we are gonna get left behind and miss out on decent signings this summer :'(
Because we've done that every summer since the Aguero signing. Rags or no, we have a terrible recent history of missing out on on proven quality and then wasting money on crap Plan Bs.

That said, I've seen enough spinal injuries in other sports to be leery of Gundogan. No way would I spend money on anyone this summer who has suffered that sort of injury.

Ray78 said:
sam-caddick said:
Ray78 said:
How about Arturo Vidal?

United didn''t go for him in the end because of his knee issue.

He hasn't been the same player since that injury last season, very similar to Falcao.

The same could of been said about Gundogan (Etherington had to retire from a back injury).

Gundogan has come back and is getting back to his usual standards though.

Vidal's injury wasn't helped because he wanted to rush back for the World Cup, same with Falcao and it cost them.

You can't recover from a cruciate injury in 6 months, it took Walcott 12 months which is about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.