Hart, Caballero, Gunn

Zabaleta, Coleman

Kompany, De Michelis, Mangala, Denayer

Clichy, Rodriguez

Fernandinho, Pogba, Song

Silva, Sterling, Lopes, Reus

Aguero, Bony, Iheanacho, Kane

In- Coleman15 , Rodriguez 15, Pogba 60, Sterling 35, Reus 35 , Kane 30
Out- Kolarov, Boyata, Wright, Milner, Dzeko, Jovetic, Nasri, Toure, Sagna, Richards, Fernando - 80 mil
Loan- Rekik, Zuchulini
100 million outlay

First XI
Hart
Zaba Kompany Mangala Rodriguez
Fernandinho, Pogba
Sterling Silva. Reus
Aguero

Manager: Me (player manager)

........................Neur
Lahm.....Stones.......Kompany......Gibbs

.........................Childs (one of my mates)
..............Pogba............Isco

....Ronaldo............................Messi

.......................Me

Home:

553baf6087a62.jpg

Away:

553bb03b6db3b.jpg

Manager: Not Pellegrini

Shadz69 said:
ojeme said:
Shadz69 said:
Pellers.

.......................Hart...........................

Coleman...Shawcross...Mangala....Cresswell..

Silva.........Kompany........Dinho........Gaitan..

..............Bony.............Aguero.................

average squad

At least I haven't fucked off our only truly,without argument world class player plus there's four homegrowns in that team.It also gives Dinho the chance to play his best game box to box .Obviously I could have picked a FM team but I tried to be realistic.
It 'seems' a poor squad coz it solves none of our existing problems. Well maybe one problem, more home grown players.
One you move a poorly performing CD, Komps, into CM, in hopes that he'd regain form and then in his CD position you add a player who is half the player Kompany was at his peak. This leaves us with possibly 2 weaker positions. Cries swell is no improvemt on the present Clichy, nor Coleman on the current Zaba. And if I'm right Coleman doesn't even count as Homegrown. So ball skills at Cd goes down, ball skills at CM goes down, ball skills on the wings goes down. And yet we don't increase speed. Age wise, they are all between 25 and 28, decent but their are better players within the 18 to 23 range that could do as good of a job or better. This has to be a consideration too. You need players you can sell if they don't pan out. 25 - 28 becomes 27-30 in 2 years, resale value down.

So from a technical. Long term planning, and ambition point of view this team will 'likely' fail woefully. On

It will struggle early (gelling period) and will never catch up cause it lacks the talent of Chelsea, Arsenal or United. Will be in battle for forth true sixth. With Totenham and Liverpool and Southampton. And it will easily get bounced from champs league.

JustAnotherCityFan said:
Home:

553baf6087a62.jpg

Away:

553bb03b6db3b.jpg

I generally don't like when we buy too many players from one club in such a short time. Based on your squad we'd have bout 4 players from Porto in 1 year. We did this with arsenal in the early days and I hated it then too. Mangala, Fernando, Brahimi, Sandro.

I must say I like your thinking though, gives good consideration to all relevant factors. Age, homegrown and improving first 11 talent. There is a bit of a worry with Wilshere because of his injury record, and I'd probably find a Brahimi equall at another club, just so we don't become too Portofied. But outside of that I think you have put together a fantasticlally thought thru squad.

Dax777 said:
JustAnotherCityFan said:
Home:

553baf6087a62.jpg

Away:

553bb03b6db3b.jpg

I generally don't like when we buy too many players from one club in such a short time. Based on your squad we'd have bout 4 players from Porto in 1 year. We did this with arsenal in the early days and I hated it then too. Mangala, Fernando, Brahimi, Sandro.

I must say I like your thinking though, gives good consideration to all relevant factors. Age, homegrown and improving first 11 talent. There is a bit of a worry with Wilshere because of his injury record, and I'd probably find a Brahimi equall at another club, just so we don't become too Portofied. But outside of that I think you have put together a fantasticlally thought thru squad.

Thanks, yeah I did consider the fact there were a lot of Porto players but I couldn't resist the idea of the speed and trickery of Sterling and Brahimi on either side. Perhaps Gaya or Kurzawa at left back instead then. Again with Wilshere his injury record is appalling but he would fit our play style perfectly and I'd love to see him linking up with Pogba and Silva even if it was a rare occurence.

JustAnotherCityFan said:
Dax777 said:
JustAnotherCityFan said:
Home:

553baf6087a62.jpg

Away:

553bb03b6db3b.jpg

Thanks, yeah I did consider the fact there were a lot of Porto players but I couldn't resist the idea of the speed and trickery of Sterling and Brahimi on either side. Perhaps Gaya or Kurzawa at left back instead then. Again with Wilshere his injury record is appalling but he would fit our play style perfectly and I'd love to see him linking up with Pogba and Silva even if it was a rare occurence.
Great replacement will be Gaya for Sandro. Makes it even younger. Not a fan of Kurzawa though. Even though I haven't seen enough of him, but his been average to poor most games I've seen. Amavi is another good young LB on the rise. Generally I'd look at Gaya, Amavi and the Dutch kid who has a reputation for being defensively lazy.

Dax777 said:
JustAnotherCityFan said:
Dax777 said:

Great replacement will be Gaya for Sandro. Makes it even younger. Not a fan of Kurzawa though. Even though I haven't seen enough of him, but his been average to poor most games I've seen. Amavi is another good young LB on the rise. Generally I'd look at Gaya, Amavi and the Dutch kid who has a reputation for being defensively lazy.

What has Brahimi really done for City to pay 40-50M for him?

Replace Brahimi with De Bruyne/Reus and Wilshere with Koke/Gundogan and we are looking at a title winning side

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.