Am I racist?

Damocles said:
worsleyweb said:
Damocles said:
You care that little that you decided to reply stating how little you care. Then took the "nah nah I'm not listening" approach.

A truly pathetic post by almost every measure.

It's just that quite a few cant be arsed arguing with you these days because of posts like this.

Maybe a forum isn't the place for them then hey?

You seem to have missed the point

malg said:
Utter bollocks. I fucking hate religion, and that's all this is. Trying to dress it up as capitalism is shite. The KFC near me is run by Asian guys, and I've not noticed if they serve anything with bacon, however I don't go that often.

That post about KFC being better in your head than in reality is bang on the money. Mind you, the wife is currently unable to cook, so it was KFC tonight, and I had one of those Burrito things - bloody nice as well.

It is not shite. Again, I'm not using this word incorrectly here - this decision is LITERALLY the point of capitalism. KFC asked certain franchises (and some of the 25% of stores ran by KFC GB) to trial a halal approved menu. 86 stores signed up for it which also included removing a single item from their menu due to the presence of bacon. Those 86 stores will either see a drop in revenues which means it will be abandoned or it will see a rise in revenues which means it will be adopted.

Capitalism is a system in which that which provides the best customer service will raise the most revenues which in turn lead to large profits. Those who fail to offer anything won't.

A private business has made a small change to its menu in an attempt to make greater profits. They will succeed or fail based on whether they attract more or lose more customers due to this.

worsleyweb said:
Damocles said:
worsleyweb said:
It's just that quite a few cant be arsed arguing with you these days because of posts like this.

I know exactly what Guy's point is, you seem to have misunderstood the nature of a discussion forum and dissenting opinions in general. Don't like it? Go elsewhere. Exactly the same advice as OP.

Damocles said:
worsleyweb said:
Damocles said:

I know exactly what Guy's point is, you seem to have misunderstood the nature of a discussion forum and dissenting opinions in general. Don't like it? Go elsewhere. Exactly the same advice as OP.

No the point was you are a condecending person who likes to put others down who don't agree with you. Not wasting any more time on you - you don't get it!

Damocles said:
malg said:
Utter bollocks. I fucking hate religion, and that's all this is. Trying to dress it up as capitalism is shite. The KFC near me is run by Asian guys, and I've not noticed if they serve anything with bacon, however I don't go that often.

That post about KFC being better in your head than in reality is bang on the money. Mind you, the wife is currently unable to cook, so it was KFC tonight, and I had one of those Burrito things - bloody nice as well.

It is not shite. Again, I'm not using this word incorrectly here - this decision is LITERALLY the point of capitalism. KFC asked certain franchises (and some of the 25% of stores ran by KFC GB) to trial a halal approved menu. 86 stores signed up for it which also included removing a single item from their menu due to the presence of bacon. Those 86 stores will either see a drop in revenues which means it will be abandoned or it will see a rise in revenues which means it will be adopted.

Capitalism is a system in which that which provides the best customer service will raise the most revenues which in turn lead to large profits. Those who fail to offer anything won't.

A private business has made a small change to its menu in an attempt to make greater profits. They will succeed or fail based on whether they attract more or lose more customers due to this.
Your opinion, and one I disagree with. It's nothing to do with capitalism and everything to do with religious beliefs.

I hate KFC so I'm not in the mode of defending them, but let me just get this straight...

They've made a business decision not to sell something, as presumably they've weighed up the potential profit/loss scenarios of serving bacon in there.

But you INSIST that they sell you something which could mean a loss to the company (in fact it could mean the company not being able to operate in that area at all) just because you think in principle "this is your country" and you think you have a moral right to force businesses to sell you whatever you want?

Ask yourself this: why does PC World not sell bacon sandwiches either? Because they wouldn't make any money?

Well how is this any different?

If you want to buy a 'Big Daddy' meal, go to a KFC that serves 'Big Daddy' meals OR don't go to KFC! It's not fucking rocket science. That is literally the bedrock of the capitalist system which posters on here virulently defend on a daily basis.

malg said:
Damocles said:
malg said:

Your opinion, and one I disagree with. It's nothing to do with capitalism and everything to do with religious beliefs.
Maybe KFC's racist

A bit extra to the story: I did go to the KFC in Middleton but they were shut for what looked like a staff meeting or something. If I wanted KFC I'd have had to go to the elk mill branch. The idea of a franchise like KFC, McDonald's, subway etc is that you are guaranteed the same food, same quality.

Spilt my Fanta in the footwell of the car on the way home aswell!!

worsleyweb said:
Damocles said:
worsleyweb said:

No the point was you are a condecending person who likes to put others down who don't agree with you. Not wasting any more time on you - you don't get it!

Really?

Why are you even involved in this whole discussion? Did you suddenly feel the need to interject yourself into a small disagreement between two people who actually get along very well for the purposes of laying the boot in YET AGAIN. Listen, I would say that I don't know what your problem is but I do because I said exactly this would happen months ago and lo and behold it exactly happened.

I literally couldn't care what you think about almost any subject at all after your tantrum via PM where you didn't understand the very idea where I kept telling you "I don't care about this conversation, please leave me alone". This is what you don't get. I'm not interested in any insults you want to sling around now and I wasn't interested then and I won't be interested in them tomorrow either. What part of "this doesn't interest me, please leave me alone" is so troubling to you that you cannot understand it?

Again:

Please leave me alone, I have absolutely no interest in anything that you have to say.

I cannot make this any clearer than that without drawing pictures.
malg said:
Damocles said:
malg said:

You think KFC are doing this because of some Islamic lobbying and not because they want to make money?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.