Top 20 Etihad Moments- The fans view

davymcfc said:
Aside from the well compiled moments on there (and clearly THAT aguero moment will be everyone's number 1) I would say that robinho's goal on his debut was one of my favourite moments at the new stadium. The atmosphere was on another level that day and it genuinely felt like something big was happening.

So you played a part in us winning the title for the first time in 44 years?

That's a great claim to fame, mate.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
WEMBLEY76 said:
I threw the ball to Pablo Zabaleta who kicked it to Merlin,who took the corner from which Edin equalised v QPR in that game,so I can lay claim to be the last supporter to touch the ball before Sergio scored......

Thought you was claming an assist there, for a minute ;-)
seems fair to me - give the man a medal - after all if he'd not thrown the ball to zabba in exactly that way, merlin might not have taken the corner exactly the time he did and Edin would have been in the wrong place and missed the target and that ugly blonde bird with the glasses would have had a f**kin orgasm in the stands at New Roker Park as the shites won the league in 2012

Funny thing was I knew that ball was coming to me,and it did,it was a weird feeling.I sat there praying to my late dad for a miracle as I felt very low at 2-1 down.Then boom !!!!!!! A surreal day for sure..

The one that still sticks out for me was that 1-0 win over Reading. The atmosphere was so tense and with it pissing down it just added to the relief when Barry stuck it in. Strange feeling that

WEMBLEY76 said:
I threw the ball to Pablo Zabaleta who kicked it to Merlin,who took the corner from which Edin equalised v QPR in that game,so I can lay claim to be the last supporter to touch the ball before Sergio scored......

Do you ever think that if you'd kept the ball in your hands a split second longer or less, the players would have been in a slightly different position and we may not have scored and the entire history of our club may have been different?!?!? Or is it just me who thinks shit like that !!

No,but I passed on my secret prayer to the ball,which made us win ! It was a shit or bust moment,not unlike when Horlock scored v Gilingham,now or never,it was a very severe test of true faith as a City fan,when you wanted to scream in frustration that we were losing at such a late stage of the game,the dark before the light moment when I couldn't imagine the pain of losing this big opportunity,to them twats.

Vienna_70 said:
davymcfc said:
Aside from the well compiled moments on there (and clearly THAT aguero moment will be everyone's number 1) I would say that robinho's goal on his debut was one of my favourite moments at the new stadium. The atmosphere was on another level that day and it genuinely felt like something big was happening.

It may be that I have been up since quarter to 4 this morning with my little'un but this has left me stumped.

I assume you meant to quote the bloke who threw the ball back from the crowd?

City1974 said:
jimharri said:
Losing 3-0 at home to Forest. End of thread.

Oh now now, don' be like that,, why so glum ?
you have forget the delight losing 2-3 at home to Fulham under Eriksson when 2-0 up, losing to Wigan in the FA Cup quarter Final, losing to Boro in the cup this year, losing in the last minute to Utd and a Paul Scholes goal, losing to Spurs and a Crouch goal when on the brink of qualifying for the Champs League and many many more.

that fulham defeat was the worse one at the new ground. a terrible result..........then there was wigan in the cup. utter fucking shambles.

davymcfc said:
Vienna_70 said:
davymcfc said:

It may be that I have been up since quarter to 4 this morning with my little'un but this has left me stumped.

I assume you meant to quote the bloke who threw the ball back from the crowd?

Yep.

I'd had one or two at the time.

I would put in Joe Hart against Dortmund.
Also Roberto getting stuck into bacon face in the Vinnie game.
Brilliant to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.