Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mourinho win% since June 2013 is 63.64%. 110 games and 70 wins.

Pellegrini in the same period is 63.55%. 107 games and 68 wins.

Not bad for a clown that's been owned by everyone eh?

cleavers said:
Well I make it 2 games that we have "let slip" then, as its a fact that we won 4 of them.

In the league had we not "let slip" those 5 two nil leads, we'd actually have 2 points more than we have, so using them as the reason why we haven't won the title is a red herring, as in 4 of them, we kept going to win the games in the end, a good trait in my book. Games like Stoke and Arsenal at home, West Ham, United, Burnley, Liverpool, and Palace away (all lost), are the real reasons we didn't win it, and in all of those the players performances were generally not good enough.

There were others in cups of course, but I prefer not to paint a blacker than black picture.
The more you're 2-0 up the more on probability likely you are to let a 2-0 lead slip - I don't get why everyone is ignoring that.

We're a good attacking team and I'd guess given Chelsea's penchant for a 1-0 more likely to be 2-0 up than any other team so we are also in raw mathematical terms more likely to lose 2-0 leads surely?

Well, maybe, but the ball doesn't go in by chance, don't you know? So your use of pure statistics is flawed.

NQCitizen said:
cleavers said:
Well I make it 2 games that we have "let slip" then, as its a fact that we won 4 of them.

In the league had we not "let slip" those 5 two nil leads, we'd actually have 2 points more than we have, so using them as the reason why we haven't won the title is a red herring, as in 4 of them, we kept going to win the games in the end, a good trait in my book. Games like Stoke and Arsenal at home, West Ham, United, Burnley, Liverpool, and Palace away (all lost), are the real reasons we didn't win it, and in all of those the players performances were generally not good enough.

There were others in cups of course, but I prefer not to paint a blacker than black picture.
The more you're 2-0 up the more on probability likely you are to let a 2-0 lead slip - I don't get why everyone is ignoring that.

We're a good attacking team and I'd guess given Chelsea's penchant for a 1-0 more likely to be 2-0 up than any other team so we are also in raw mathematical terms more likely to lose 2-0 leads surely?

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Damocles said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
1 Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are no more special than United, Liverpool and Arsenal.
All they are is higher up the food chain.

All I suggested is that they are higher up the food chain.

2 The "right way of doing things" is the Ajax way. Their academy is the model for all others and yes they have brought
through a lot of top players over the years albeit they have the pick of the best young players in the Netherlands.
Ajax have not been consistently successful in Europe however because they have lacked the financial clout of the big boys.
This was even in evidence in the '70s when they lost Cryuff and Neeskens to Barcelona. Juventus who have been funded
for decades by the Agnelli family are in the CL final whilst PSG are far more likely to win the CL before Ajax win it again.
Youth development is important but it is generally trumped by finance. Luckily we are working on both.

This isn't the 1970s or 80s; the average youth player costs the club £2m. A top class player is moving for £30m now and that will only go up.

3 Vision, identity and values are irrelevant when you have a manager who can't organise a defence, close out a win when 2-0 up
or even get the team to take a decent corner.

Luckily there's no professional manager working today in football who doesn't understand the basic ideals of football theory so this hasn't come up.

Vision, identity and values are the difference between Barcelona and Zenit St Petersburg. In the modern football world you cannot afford to not afford values

Okay what exactly do you mean with vision, identity and values? No management speak and just two or three sentences please.
What are Real Madrid's vision, identity and values? They're the biggest club on the planet and the club we ultimately want to
depose.

For me all a club needs are: a good manager with a balanced system of play, good players, a good youth structure with decent scouts
and coaches and plenty of cash, Ideally you also want a DoF / Football Administrator who is independent (but subservient to the manager)
to prove continuity if the manager leaves. That's it.

Soriano appears to know what he's doing making the cash albeit he's been helped by Tom Glick, owner friendly sponsors and
success on the field. Txiki and Pellegrini are the guys under fire for questionable purchases and a shite defence.

Glad to see you agree that Real, Barca and Bayern are nothing special and, if I understand your response to my second point
correctly, that cash trumps everything.

They may be the biggest club on the planet, but all they do is fucking buy players and change managers every year. Having great managers and the best players doesn't always mean success on the pitch. Just going back last 10 years, Madrid won the La liga ONLY 3 times and Cl last year, hardly something to brag about. In Last 10 years they had 8-9 different managers ffs.

For your club wishes, we all have that already , it just will take time, which unfortunately most modern fans these days don't have time for.

cleavers said:

All about opinions but the main reason we didn't win the league is that we failed to beat Chelsea twice, despite outplaying them in both league games. If we had done that, the psychological difference would have been considerable.

blueinsa said:

If you think that pellegrini given more time will take city forward irrespective of a shit stat like that then I feel sorry for you.

bondsman said:
blueinsa said:

If you think that pellegrini given more time will take city forward irrespective of a shit stat like that then I feel sorry for you.

Whats shit about it given it helped win him a league and cup double in his first season, last 16 of the CL twice and 2nd this?

Or is it shit because it doesn't suit your narrative that he is clueless and has been found out by everyone?

blueinsa said:
bondsman said:
blueinsa said:

Whats shit about it given it helped win him a league and cup double in his first season, last 16 of the CL twice and 2nd this?

Or is it shit because it doesn't suit your narrative that he is clueless and has been found out by everyone?
Nurse.

The cookie monster said:
blueinsa said:
bondsman said:

Nurse.

You will need one if he is still here come the start of the season lol

The cookie monster said:
blueinsa said:
bondsman said:

Nurse.

We limped into last sixteen and got tatted mainly due to his team selection. Beaten at home in both cups by shite. Our points total against the top 4 is poor and he is yet to beat mourinho in the league so in my opinion he is clueless. It took him 12 months to undo the best defence in the league and he won the league with no Ferguson at United which like it or not was massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.