Play Youth Against Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now the excuses have switched from "we shouldn't play youth because the game is too important" to "we shouldn't play youth because we financially need second place" and now to "we shouldn't play youth because I pay to watch the big names and we should end the season on a high"?

As I said previously, we have a small set of supporters who don't have the bottle to support us any more and instead want to support either City 15 years ago or Real Madrid with little room in between.

We'll be bringing youth players through and putting them in big games whether you can handle it or not so I suggest that this is something that you accept now to cause unnecessary frustration in the future.

plongo said:
OK so you (deluded) dreamers get your wish and we play the kids, what if we then lose say 2-0 (Saints are a good side) how you gonna feel then?
Get your own way and it proves absolutely nothing. I remember in the dark days for the odd minute believing that Paul Moulden was the answer - he was not, albeit the archetypical local hero he was nowhere near good enough. All this local boys for local teams bollocks has been outgrown by us now - when did we last produce our own player worthy of a place in the current team? It just doesn't happen anymore. The last fluke of this nature was by our neighbours - never to be repeated so stop beating yourselves up by it.
Anyway good luck you deluded tossers I don't believe MP will do this, and good on him for it, The last example of this stupid end of term demob frenzy came from the charmless Chavs and they ended up at the Hawthorns demeaning themselves despite Maureen's (self conscious, with a sense of guilt) chest beating to their fans at the end and his pathetic signal to them of we're no 1 - embarrassing git he is and well suited to that club. Let's not fall into an obvious trap, play to win and go out on a high. Let the youngsters scrap for a place on the team earned by their own merit not gifted to them as some sort of end of season empty gesture - if they were good enough they would have played by now

Exhibit A m'lud.

Absolutely clueless.

mancity5 said:
kupest said:
Put 2-3 of them in. If we lose it doesn't matter at all. Atleast Ilheanacho should be getting minutes.

What a crock of shit.... I, like others, pay good money to go watch City.

I don't pay good money to go watch the kids play, so we can get beat.
I pay good money too and i'd like to see a couple of the kids in there, in fact i'd be pissed off if there wasn't...

Damocles said:
So now the excuses have switched from "we shouldn't play youth because the game is too important" to "we shouldn't play youth because we financially need second place" and now to "we shouldn't play youth because I pay to watch the big names and we should end the season on a high"?

As I said previously, we have a small set of supporters who don't have the bottle to support us any more and instead want to support either City 15 years ago or Real Madrid with little room in between.

We'll be bringing youth players through and putting them in big games whether you can handle it or not so I suggest that this is something that you accept now to cause unnecessary frustration in the future.

Agreed ! I just don't understand that I pay so I want to see the first team out. All people are asking is 2-3 players being involved some way or the other. If this is not the game then I have no idea which one is.

Wouldn't the same people get pissed off when they see a youth player at any given point next season? I'd rather see a youth player introduced in a game which won't change our league position, form doesn't matter during the last game of the season either.

Also assuming we will get hammered by Southampton because our youth might get a few minutes is hilarious. Atleast they will have the drive to show something, a lot of our senior players might just be on the beach for this one. Likes of Aguero, Zaba, Demi wouldn't want to get injured with the Copa around the corner.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Iheanacho's work permit only allows him to play for the first team from next season, until then he's classed as a youth trainee. I think I'd rather our better youth players play in the derby on Saturday than in Sundays dead rubber but I'm not overly bothered either way.

Damocles said:

As much as you are for youth now, there are many that are against.

Would you agree that playing someone who is not up to it is not the right thing to do, not just from winning a game perspective, but moreso, from what effect it might have on them?

I can accept youth when they are ready and, as fans, we are not qualified to say whether they are ready or not.

There's a strange line of argument that I've seen on the forum recently, that 'I've paid good money for my ticket so don't want to see any youth players'. It's not some sort of punishment!

No wonder the club have almost totally neglected youth when they see such ignorant comments from fans who presumably haven't watched the EDS this year and seen how talented some of those players are.

the majority of our forward thinking posters appear not to want the youth playing on sunday , so how about we put the oldest side out , WRIGHT - ZABS , DEMICHELIS , KOMPANY , SAGNA - FERNANDINHO , LAMPARD , YAYA , SILVA , MILNER - DZEKO average has got to be well over thirty , it will also give the media plenty of ammunition to criticise our club and take the piss out of our academy . Perhaps we can tempt buzzer and skip to dust off their boots , we can go for the oldest premiership team in history.

We should be playing a couple of youth team players in this game. We have secured second and most of the first team will be on the beach.

It's a great chance to reward players with first team game time. We will be plying a young team in the u21 derby so there will be eligible players who could appear v saints.

It would be a fantastic way to end the season. For those talking about paying for their season ticket I just don't get that. Whoever the manager picks you support. As I said a hungry proud desperate to perform youngster will be better than the likes of certain players already on their holidays and likely out in the summer.

Keep the spine there but throw in maffeo or barker or nemane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.