******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
problem with the lords pitch it gets better to bat on as days go by so people thinking 250/300 a good score well it's not 375/400 we need

RandomJ said:
So Moeen Ali was in the nets and couldn't get his pads on in time so they had to send Stokes out. Amateur hour.

hahaha that England for you sunday league at best

the change needs to happen before the aussies get here or we will get thumped white washed
or whatever the call it captain cook is crap and needs to fight for his place in the team we need a full time spinner that can bowl all day and close 1 end up

waspish said:
problem with the lords pitch it gets better to bat on as days go by so people thinking 250/300 a good score well it's not 375/400 we need

that's spot on 400 to 450 is par in the first innings of a test there and when put in the first session is key don't lose wickets before lunch even if you only got 50 on the board its ok just bat the morning out and then work from there

ancoats said:
RandomJ said:
So Moeen Ali was in the nets and couldn't get his pads on in time so they had to send Stokes out. Amateur hour.

hahaha that England for you sunday league at best

the change needs to happen before the aussies get here or we will get thumped white washed
or whatever the call it captain cook is crap and needs to fight for his place in the team we need a full time spinner that can bowl all day and close 1 end up

There's not one out there atm and you shouldn't need one in a 5 man attack, the spinner can be an attacking option.

Not sure how anyone can question Cooks place in the team, he's our only opening batsmen? I don't rate him as a captain, but we don't even have a second opener, yet alone a third one challenging for Cooks place. He's also just starting to show signs of getting back into some sort of form, despite the immense scrutiny he's under at the moment, averaging about 50 or so in the last couple of series. His record as a batsmen is pretty much phenominal, right up there with Pietersens

BigOscar said:
Not sure how anyone can question Cooks place in the team, he's our only opening batsmen? I don't rate him as a captain, but we don't even have a second opener, yet alone a third one challenging for Cooks place. He's also just starting to show signs of getting back into some sort of form, despite the immense scrutiny he's under at the moment, averaging about 50 or so in the last couple of series. His record as a batsmen is pretty much phenominal, right up there with Pietersens

agree about cook I'd always have him in the side, but as captain he is so negative it harms the team and giving it Root now in this great form could make him or break him.. personally if we don't be Newzealand I'd give it Root also that might just make Cook go back to his best..

waspish said:
BigOscar said:

agree about cook I'd always have him in the side, but as captain he is so negative it harms the team and giving it Root now in this great form could make him or break him.. personally if we don't be Newzealand I'd give it Root also that might just make Cook go back to his best..
My main problem with giving it to Root is that the England captaincy almost always seems to harm players individual form. I wouldn't want to do anything to upset Root as he's our best player by a mile. It's a tough one though as there aren't many candidates who strike you as captain material.

BigOscar said:

before the 100 knock in the west indies he was well out of form and question was being asked about he's only in the team coz of being captain and its was. but for me the captain of England is the hardest job on its own but opening the bat aswell you have to be on form with the bat and make runs

the captain job for me is key in winning when you look gone and the power to turn it around and make the right call he just lets the bowlers take over and does not have to balls to change it and say right I want its this way or your off. also cook just does not setup the field right and is lazy in just letting go by past him for to long

time for change for captain and even if root is a bit to young at the moment I have him also what is the harm in the 2 test vs new zealand to pick him and lets have a look and let cook just bat

ancoats said:
BigOscar said:

before the 100 knock in the west indies he was well out of form and question was being asked about he's only in the team coz of being captain and its was.
That's really not remotely true at all. He hit 3 half centuries and averaged about 50 against India and had two half centuries in the game against WIndies before his century. He had a dip in form in the two Ashes series and a bit of a hangover for the next series against Sri Lanka and the first couple of tests against India, but since then he's been in perfectly good form. His place as a batsmen was only under fire from people who supported KP and wanted Cook out as a result. Some people seem to want to scapegoat Cook, but the reality is that it's only his captaincy that's a real problem, his batting should never have been in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.