Southampton Post Match Thread

Re: We will come back .....

Need a busy summer now.

Chelsea will spend, so will the RAGs.. we need to compete or get left behind.

Chuffed with the result, Sergio's golden boot, Hart's golden gloves even with a defence in shambles.

The most attacking side of the league. The higher goal difference.

The most merits denied by the press wankers and roaches.

The argie narrators from EspnLA said that all three substitutions were the players leaving el City.

Refreshing to see the defence better than the attack today. Love Sergio, but I thought his touch was right off today. By contrast, that back line played the offside trap beautifully. Say what you like, but Demi works well with Mangala. I honestly think Zab has lost a yard of pace since last season, and realistically that's going to show more and more. Perfect day, though — six wins on the trot, Lamps and Kun score. Good time ahead, blues.
Heigh-ho, off to watch England and its inept cricket team for the rest of the summer…

we asked for a good run in and it has duly been received I know there is no sentiment in football but always sad to see players leave i am not certain the owners will stick with Pelle the last six results have given him a fighting chance finally on the back of this time last year it does me no great favours to see Chelsea celebrate but I hope it is the spur the club needs to make sure its us with the smiles next season

Malty said:
Need a busy summer now.

United will spend,spend,will be good to see another Di Maria and Falcao.

Had to get the result in a bar in Haarlem(Netherlands)whilst watching the Geordies escape.Said to a guy whats City score,he said 2-0 City,I said I bet another for Aguero...he just smiled.

I have to say, for as crap as the season has seemed it actually wasn't that bad. Match was good and a lot of credit has to go to Southampton for actually wanting to play

Malty said:
Need a busy summer now.

Got to identify the right calibre of player. Pogba, De Bruyne, Sterling.

Can't afford to lose out on all of out first targets.

Southampton gave us a good game today, could easily have won 4/5-0 if Sergio had his golden boots on, but likewise we could easily of lost but for some decent saves/bad finishing and a good defence. Mangala was excellent, get his positional play rammed into him pre-season and he'll be solid. Great to see Joe Hart get the Golden glove. He's been a little underrated this season in my opinion. He's been brilliant and after the match he credited Willy for that so hopefully he can stay on that level. Shame about his dreadful kicking though.

Credit to Southampton fans too for filling their allocation. So many this season haven't. They were a good bunch of fans, had some good light hearted banter and in the main didn't resort to the typical songs we hear every game.

Overall the season hasn't been as disastrous as we think. We had a good start, a slight dip, a brilliant pre-christmas and a fantastic end. Just a truly awful few months after Christmas completely ruined our season. As much as i like Pellegrini he has to take the blame for that as he persisted with the same thing over and over when it clearly wasn't working. I don't think it's any coincidence we ended strongly by playing the same team, in particular in defence and by switching back to 4-5-.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.