Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
We were fined £6m, not £50m. And it wasn't a fine, it was a reduction in Champions League revenue and even then we were allowed to count it on the balance sheet like we did recieve it so it made no difference at all.

We failed FFP because UEFA moved the goalposts at the last minute after our accounts had been run a certain way, because they needed us and PSG to fail politically.

You have no idea who we have and haven't approached.

Txiki WILL 1000000% know what Pep's intentions are.

And again, you have no idea if we have a Plan B. I'm almost certain as a professionally ran organisation then we'll have a Plan B, C, D, E and F.

People are rightly suggesting that he is seen within football as the best Director of Football in the world. To give you an analogy from the playing terms, he is seen as better as a Director of Football than Sergio Aguero is as a striker. You're criticising somebody who is seen as the absolute inarguable best in the world, you're slagging off Lionel Messi

1 The money withheld was 20 million euros which was the first part of the 60 million euro "fine". The rest was suspended.
I'm sure if the 20 million euros lost was your money then Sheikh Mansour would also feel that "it made no difference at all."

2 You also have no idea what Pep has told Txiki his intentions are. You state things as fact yet mock others for speculating.

3 Txiki was sacked by Barcelona after he made a series of fairly terrible deals. He is not the Lionel Messi of DoFs you are being silly.
Ferran, who lost his role after the presidential elections, probably is the best football CEO around. Txiki's reputation is not as high
as Ferran's within the game. Within the Ferran, Txiki, Pep "team" Txiki is arguably the weakest link.

Our failure to meet FFP is more contentious. The club certainly reckon that they were screwed by UEFA.
Some of the related party off charges however looked dodgy and looked like a last minute attempt to balance the books
after Mancini and his coaches had been sacked.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Damocles said:
We were fined £6m, not £50m. And it wasn't a fine, it was a reduction in Champions League revenue and even then we were allowed to count it on the balance sheet like we did recieve it so it made no difference at all.

We failed FFP because UEFA moved the goalposts at the last minute after our accounts had been run a certain way, because they needed us and PSG to fail politically.

And again, you have no idea if we have a Plan B. I'm almost certain as a professionally ran organisation then we'll have a Plan B, C, D, E and F.

People are rightly suggesting that he is seen within football as the best Director of Football in the world. To give you an analogy from the playing terms, he is seen as better as a Director of Football than Sergio Aguero is as a striker. You're criticising somebody who is seen as the absolute inarguable best in the world, you're slagging off Lionel Messi

1 The money withheld was 20 million euros which was the first part of the 60 million euro "fine". The rest was suspended.
I'm sure if the 20 million euros lost was your money then Sheikh Mansour would also feel that "it made no difference at all."

2 You also have no idea what Pep has told Txiki his intentions are. You state things as fact yet mock others for speculating.

3 Txiki was sacked by Barcelona after he made a series of fairly terrible deals. He is not the Lionel Messi of DoFs you are being silly.
Ferran, who lost his role after the presidential elections, probably is the best football CEO around. Txiki's reputation is not as high
as Ferran's within the game. Within the Ferran, Txiki, Pep "team" Txiki is arguably the weakest link.

Our failure to meet FFP is more contentious. The club certainly reckon that they were screwed by UEFA.
Some of the related party off charges however looked dodgy and looked like a last minute attempt to balance the books

What does any of this have to do with Pep coming to City?

Genuine question btw. None of it relates even remotely as far as I can tell to the actual fact that Pep and Txiki are close enough friends that if he has given an assurance that he's coming to City, we can rest assured he's coming.

Some of the way in which you and others are spinning things to criticise the club seem like an overreaching attempt to prove a point which isn't actually there. We are by my estimation, the best run football club in the PL by a country mile. I'm sure we could take a magnifying glass to any operation the size of MCFC and pick and pull at little things that we think weren't handled exactly as they should be, but overall the churlish nature of some of the critiques seem as i say, like overreaching for the sake of it.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Damocles said:

It's fuckin embarrassing mate that a manager of another club seems to have a hold on ours, I'm still convinced that he will end up at the rags too.

The cookie monster said:
It's fuckin embarrassing mate that a manager of another club seems to have a hold on ours, I'm still convinced that he will end up at the rags too.

What is actually embarrassing ? Clubs wait for players/managers all the time. Really don't see the fuss unless you're looking for reasons to slag the club off! Now that would be a bit embarrassing!

BillyShears said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Damocles said:

What does any of this have to do with Pep coming to City?

Genuine question btw. None of it relates even remotely as far as I can tell to the actual fact that Pep and Txiki are close enough friends that if he has given an assurance that he's coming to City, we can rest assured he's coming.

Some of the way in which you and others are spinning things to criticise the club seem like an overreaching attempt to prove a point which isn't actually there. We are by my estimation, the best run football club in the PL by a country mile. I'm sure we could take a magnifying glass to any operation the size of MCFC and pick and pull at little things that we think weren't handled exactly as they should be, but overall the churlish nature of some of the critiques seem as i say, like overreaching for the sake of it.

Spot on.

I fully get this friendship thing and I don't see Pep managing another PL club as long as Txiki is our DoF. What I find frustrating is that City need him for next season and not the season after, why cant Pep just tell KHR to swivel and say he wants to manage in the PL and he has an opportunity to do so? What loyalty does he have to Bayern that would surpass his friendship with Txiki.

City would obviously rummage down the back of the sofa for the compensation money so come on Pep find your fucking spuds and tell that arrogant German twat of a club your off.

Its my faith in there friendship that tells me I still think its on for next season.

flb said:
I fully get this friendship thing and I don't see Pep managing another PL club as long as Txiki is our DoF. What I find frustrating is that City need him for next season and not the season after, why cant Pep just tell KHR to swivel and say he wants to manage in the PL and he has an opportunity to do so? What loyalty does he have to Bayern that would surpass his friendship with Txiki.

City would obviously rummage down the back of the sofa for the compensation money so come on Pep find your fucking spuds and tell that arrogant German twat of a club your off.

Its my faith in there friendship that tells me I still think its on for next season.

Pep is a man of his word. Something that I presumed that City fans would value

Damocles said:
flb said:

Pep is a man of his word. Something that I presumed that City fans would value

Why stay at Bayern for another season ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.