Khaldoon End Of Season Interview Thread

Zubrman said:
manimanc said:
I think for a change he should do the end of season review in full drag...
Cigarette hanging seductively out of his mouth..
Velvet gloves covering both hands.....
Coming into view from the the back of the room in thigh length fuck me boots.
And 3-2-1 and you're back in the room.

The Man Who Sold the World?

Kurt's been dead 20 years.

halfcenturyup said:
Didsbury Dave said:
halfcenturyup said:
I am sure there is a small demographic among the fanbase who think the world is flat, but i don't see how that is relevant to the discussion.

We all want a club properly run with dignity by qualified people. Some of us would also like more communication from the CEO. I don't see what the issue is with that, in all honesty.

Why do you want more "communication" from Soriano in particular?

Just to frame your answer, can you please let us know what your opinion is of him at the moment. You could even test my theory out by letting us know your opinion on Cook.

I don't see how it adds to the debate, but OK.

I thought Cook was OK for where we were at the time. Quirky, prone to some stupid mistakes, one of which was, sooner or later, likely to get him fired. Spent time with the fanbase and was generally liked because of it. Not all the fanbase has the intellectual greatness of some on here and actually like that contact. Actually did a good job growing revenues, but he would have been replaced sooner or later anyway I guess. Before you ask, yes I liked Mancini. I am not sure I liked the way he went and the aftermath, but my personal feeling is that he had to go the summer before. He was never going to work with Begiristain and Soriano and the year that followed was a consequence.

Soriano is clearly a very clever man. I don't like management consultants very much but that is my problem, not his. He was obviously successful in his Economy VP role at Barca, he clearly wasn't successful at Spanair. I don't like "The ball doesn't go in by chance" very much, sounds pretentious a little, but maybe he is pretentious. I don't like the word "holistic" in a football sense, it's just management speak. Clearly though, a successful organisation is key to success on the pitch, as is the integration of on- and off-field operations, so I can't disagree with the concept. For the rest, I worked in a Euro-political business environment for more than 20 years so I recognise political manoeuvering when I see it. I saw it after Mancini left, I saw it in the leaked stories about the poor performance of certain players, amongst others. I see Soriano's influence on that. Don't like it much. I think I have a pretty good understanding of his role and that of Begiristain, which seems to be a pet complaint around here. I have worked directly with some of the Messis of some leading global businesses and have been disappointed with pretty much all of them personally. Same goes for billionaire owners, by the way. At the end of the day, I will judge Soriano by what he does for City, not on what he has achieved before.

These are the impressions I have, I may be wrong, I don't know either of them personally. But you asked.

Haha. So you don't like him. Thought not. You didn't answer the bigger question of why you are demanding to hear from him.

But of course indirectly you did: because you don't like him.

halfcenturyup said:
Didsbury Dave said:
halfcenturyup said:
I am sure there is a small demographic among the fanbase who think the world is flat, but i don't see how that is relevant to the discussion.

We all want a club properly run with dignity by qualified people. Some of us would also like more communication from the CEO. I don't see what the issue is with that, in all honesty.

Just to frame your answer, can you please let us know what your opinion is of him at the moment. You could even test my theory out by letting us know your opinion on Cook.

I thought Cook was OK for where we were at the time. Quirky, prone to some stupid mistakes, one of which was, sooner or later, likely to get him fired. Spent time with the fanbase and was generally liked because of it. Not all the fanbase has the intellectual greatness of some on here and actually like that contact. Actually did a good job growing revenues, but he would have been replaced sooner or later anyway I guess. Before you ask, yes I liked Mancini. I am not sure I liked the way he went and the aftermath, but my personal feeling is that he had to go the summer before. He was never going to work with Begiristain and Soriano and the year that followed was a consequence.

Soriano is clearly a very clever man. I don't like management consultants very much but that is my problem, not his. He was obviously successful in his Economy VP role at Barca, he clearly wasn't successful at Spanair. I don't like "The ball doesn't go in by chance" very much, sounds pretentious a little, but maybe he is pretentious. I don't like the word "holistic" in a football sense, it's just management speak. Clearly though, a successful organisation is key to success on the pitch, as is the integration of on- and off-field operations, so I can't disagree with the concept. For the rest, I worked in a Euro-political business environment for more than 20 years so I recognise political manoeuvering when I see it. I saw it after Mancini left, I saw it in the leaked stories about the poor performance of certain players, amongst others. I see Soriano's influence on that. Don't like it much. I think I have a pretty good understanding of his role and that of Begiristain, which seems to be a pet complaint around here. I have worked directly with some of the Messis of some leading global businesses and have been disappointed with pretty much all of them personally. Same goes for billionaire owners, by the way. At the end of the day, I will judge Soriano by what he does for City, not on what he has achieved before.

These are the impressions I have, I may be wrong, I don't know either of them personally. But you asked.

Have you read this?

Didsbury Dave said:
halfcenturyup said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Haha. So you don't like him. Thought not. You didn't answer the bigger question of why you are demanding to hear from him.

But of course indirectly you did: because you don't like him.

Christ on a bike. I didn't say I didn't like him. On the other hand, I don't have to like him. He seems to be doing his job well enough, so that is fine by me. Doesn't mean we can't debate what is going on.

As for hearing from him, was I demanding it? Someone said it may be good to hear from him at the end of season instead of Khaldoon. I thought it would be better to hear from Khaldoon at season end and from Soriano pre-season after the transfer activity. It was just a good opportunity to be more visible to the fanbase. Why are you guys so defensive about Soriano? He seems perfectly capable of speaking without making an arse of himself.

Read it? I wrote it.

Oh the book? Read a synopsis, not the book. My issue wasn't with the management concepts but with the title. Shallow? Maybe.

I am waiting for volume 2. The airline doesn't go bankrupt by chance.

Damocles said:
halfcenturyup said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Have you read this?

I've lost track of who said what and it's a bit of a pointless debate. I'm just agreeing with JMW that the best person to make the end of season "address" is still Khaldoon rather than Soriano in my opinion. No big deal. Certainly not worth falling out about ;-)

Read it? I wrote it.

Oh the book? Read a synopsis, not the book. My issue wasn't with the management concepts but with the title. Shallow? Maybe.

I am waiting for volume 2. The airline doesn't go bankrupt by chance.

Damocles said:
halfcenturyup said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Have you read this?

Didsbury Dave said:
I've lost track of who said what and it's a bit of a pointless debate. I'm just agreeing with JMW that the best person to make the end of season "address" is still Khaldoon rather than Soriano in my opinion. No big deal. Certainly not worth falling out about ;-)

Yay, we agreed on that. :)

BFF

halfcenturyup said:
Didsbury Dave said:

BFF

can you answer my question specifically please, what exactly do you want to, or think you will, hear from Soriano that you wouldn't hear from Khaldoon?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
halfcenturyup said:
Didsbury Dave said:

BFF

can you answer my question specifically please, what exactly do you want to, or think you will, hear from Soriano that you wouldn't hear from Khaldoon?

Well for one thing we could hear about signings in the summer which is something you can't hear about from Khaldoon at season end. You wouldn't like to hear the CEO talk about transfer activity before the season starts? This year of all years?

I would like to hear him speak about whatever he feels is important.

Everyone got a sense of trust the very first time Khaldoon spoke. I would like to see how I feel when Soriano talks directly to the fans about the club. He should be able to do it very well. What is the issue?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.