Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend who is a 'pool supporter just told me he believes Liverpool won't sell to another PL threat.

My response was sooo they aren't selling him to southampton,Spurs or Swansea?

Agent is doing a decent job to be fair. Everybody thinks he's a **** and Sterling is a young lad with his head filled with nonsense by this no good rotter.

He's taking the flak for him or attempting to at least

Fair point that is, shame the media has more scousers in it than the city it's self.

Txiki and Soriano are no mugs they are fully aware of our allure now as a top club and no pants will be pulled down. If we do end up paying an extortionate amount Txiki needs a good talking to. As it is they should be happy to take 35m, unhappy, burned bridges (seemingly), no cash. They could play hard ball but it is always risky that as he may turn into a right pain in the arse for them. You really don't want an unhappy player leeching any feel good factor away the second he walks in the room.

30m +5m in possible addons seems about right but i can see Liverpool wanting more in which case i would personally walk away. I hope the club would also.
Ferran and Txiki does indeed know what they're doing in the transfer market, and we won't overpay. Ferran is explaining a little a bit about it, in this video. (Skip to 0:43)

Agent is doing a decent job to be fair. Everybody thinks he's a **** and Sterling is a young lad with his head filled with nonsense by this no good rotter.

He's taking the flak for him or attempting to at least
Yup, agreed. I don't see how his agent has shown himself to be this monster that the press are trying to spin him into. His only crime seems to be not just blindly signing whatever the Dippers offer, then after months of leaks from Liverpool attempting to pressure him to sign, he called them out for what they've been doing and said they'd had enough and were off. Nothing wrong with that at all.

He's Sterlings agent, not Liverpools. His job is to do what's best for his client and that's what he's done. If he manages to get him the move he wants this summer, then he will have played his role perfectly.

The whole problem about spunking way over the odds for Sterling — and I rate the lad, highly, but £50 million is way over the odds — is: what kind of message does it send to Juve and Wolfsburg, when we go in for the really serious stuff? What exactly does that make the likes of Pogba and De Bruyne worth? £70 million? £80 million? The world and his wife will then know that you can take MCFC for anything you like. Now at the time of the takeover, that was pretty much the case, but I think we're past that now. I'd love to see Sterling here — he would give us width, and pace, no question — but only at the right price.

I think half the Liverpool fans still feel the dynamic of us having to pay over the odds still exists, it doesn't now, it did yes, it doesn't now.
They do seem skint to so this weakens them.

The whole problem about spunking way over the odds for Sterling — and I rate the lad, highly, but £50 million is way over the odds — is: what kind of message does it send to Juve and Wolfsburg, when we go in for the really serious stuff? What exactly does that make the likes of Pogba and De Bruyne worth? £70 million? £80 million? The world and his wife will then know that you can take MCFC for anything you like. Now at the time of the takeover, that was pretty much the case, but I think we're past that now. I'd love to see Sterling here — he would give us width, and pace, no question — but only at the right price.

The difference now is that their players actually want to come to City now for reasons other than money

Which wasn't necessarily the case when we were first took over

Player power is everything in transfer deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.