Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some real financial experts on that RAWK thread, they know all the facts over the Mangala deal down to the last cent.

I know teaming the word Scouser with financial expert is a bit of an oxymoron. they prob ably only know how much their giro is worth each week

My guess is for banter purposes. I mean look at all the Falcao and Di Maria jokes considering price/production levels.

Yeah its OK to have a laugh if the signings have flopped

But why do fans gets so irate before a player has even signed saying he isn't worth 30/40/50m. Honestly who cares how much he costs providing he goes on to do well for the club, which you would expect otherwise the club wouldn't try and sign them

So if it's not us he's going to then who?

Because I think you're talking bollocks, who ever he goes to he will be a better club than he's leaving. Liverpool are a spent force, your crap admit it. Your a good team in the 80's and 90's that's it. Win another league then you maybe taken more seriously. In the meantime go and play with the spuds and chavs. There's a good lad.
Win another league?? Don't think they've won any have they?

Sterling at £40m over 5 years would scale down to £8m yearly cost plus wages of another £8m (so you'd presume) equals £16m a year for him total.

Jovetic in yearly cost and wages is, based on a £22m fee, 5 year deal at £100k a week rounded £9.6m a year.

So what we're essentially talking about is if Sterling is worth £6m a year more than Jovetic to City. Let's not also forget that if we sell off Jovetic for £12m then we pay 2 years of that 5 year Sterling cost right away leaving us holding only £68m of costs for him total and the extra £6m from Jovetic will be eradicated by Jovetic's fee.

And I expect after those two years we'd give him a new contract that dropped his amortisation from £8m per year to ~£5m a year or we could wait until he had been here for 3 years and the cost would move to £3.2m a year presuming a new 5 year deal.

Essentially if you know a bit about amortisation and use an outgoing player in a similar position as a comparative element which our board will absolutely be doing in their cost benefit analysis then £40m and £150k a week makes decent financial sense for both City and Liverpool.

Wouldn't mind a logic check @Prestwich_Blue

Last edited:
Can you really put a price on putting a club like Liverpool in it's place? ;)
It will only be worth it if he turns out to be good. We don't want a torres. He better expect to get stick from every Liverpool pundit in the media whenever he misplaces a pass. They will be drooling at the chance to brag about how he made the wrong choice and isn't any good anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.