Wales

I'd like to know if Wales qualify for Euro 2016. Then we come to find that England get knocked out in the group stages and Wales get past to the Quarters/Semis, would the English media get behind the Welsh back and support them? Or will English media get jealous about it? Same thing goes for Scotland, Northern ireland or Republic ireland. Would the media get jealous if another home nation performs better than England at a competition? Honest question.
I never want Wales to win. Having lived in South Wales previously I can tell you they hate the English, although you probably knew that. For that reason I always want them to lose. As for Scotland dont get me started !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never want Wales to win. Having lived in South Wales previously I can tell you they hate the English, although you probably knew that. For that reason I always want them to lose. As for Scotland dont get me started !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah come on, its only a bit of friendly banter mun! :-)

I know a hell of a lot of people down here who follow the England footy team more than ours! ;-)

Utter fcuking bollocks

I've only ever had a warm welcome down in South Wales and been there many times. I've never ever felt hated even if some of them want England to lose.

South Wales hate England? I thought they were the friendliest out of the entire Wales. I thought it was Northern Wales that hated the English, places where Welsh is spoken more than English. Anyways, I'd like to comment on Belgium. Belgium are pretty much clueless on how to score when they are down. They have the individuals but cannot break down the defence. That's why Wales kept giving the ball away to Belgium because they knew Belgium weren't able to create effective chances, no matter the possession. I mean, second half, Belgium must've had 70% possession but they just barely created any chances, especially from open play. It seems they can only score when both sides are attacking equally, so that allows for counters. Belgium scored all their goals against Russia, Korea, Algeria through counter in the WC. Though, they had a great game against the US.

Best wishes to Wales, Bale is a beast.

As for this "Welsh hating English" malarkey.. in all fairness you'll find people from every country on this planet that hate the English.
Shouldn't hold anything against the majority because of a few smallminded inbreds.

It's bizarre. That current Welsh squad, which looks like it may well qualify for next year's Euros, isn't a patch on the great squads they had in the nineties. Rush, Giggs, Southall, Ratcliffe, Saunders, Hughes, Speed etc etc. Yet they never managed to qualify for the finals of a major tournament, WC or EC. Yes; they got some really tough draws at that time, but they had the players to overcome that. But maybe not the belief? This current team really is being more or less single-handedly carried by one man. But good luck to them. They're definitely getting more out of their players than the sum of their parts. Can any of the other home nations (bar possibly Northern Ireland) day the same?

It's bizarre. That current Welsh squad, which looks like it may well qualify for next year's Euros, isn't a patch on the great squads they had in the nineties. Rush, Giggs, Southall, Ratcliffe, Saunders, Hughes, Speed etc etc. Yet they never managed to qualify for the finals of a major tournament, WC or EC. Yes; they got some really tough draws at that time, but they had the players to overcome that. But maybe not the belief? This current team really is being more or less single-handedly carried by one man. But good luck to them. They're definitely getting more out of their players than the sum of their parts. Can any of the other home nations (bar possibly Northern Ireland) day the same?

Done it again. I will get used to Ric's new system sometime soon. How did De Bruyne play? and well done Wales.

done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.