Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
City should walk away now. To go back again with a higher offer will cause serious problems for future negotiations. City have to show that they mean no when they say that they will go no higher especially when the selling club is asking for a ludicrous level of money. This player is worth no more than £35M including the premium for him being English.

So he's worth a few million more than Luke Shaw despite having 16 caps for England and helping fire Liverpool close to a title win is he?

If Sterling is our #1 target then I can see us bidding again and getting close go the £50m mark that has been discussed.

Liverpool took a long time to reject our last bid which means we mustn't be that far away from agreeing a fee with them.

City should walk away now. To go back again with a higher offer will cause serious problems for future negotiations. City have to show that they mean no when they say that they will go no higher especially when the selling club is asking for a ludicrous level of money. This player is worth no more than £35M including the premium for him being English.

Yeah, the old 'cut your nose off to spite your face' technique

That one always works

i don't think manuel was clever saying a few months back that to get sterling out of liverpool you would have to go in with 100m.

that's up there with not knowing that an extra goal at bayern would have seen us to the group.

So he's worth a few million more than Luke Shaw despite having 16 caps for England and helping fire Liverpool close to a title win is he?

He's the best English talent since Rooney. At the age of 20 he's had 100+ caps for Liverpool and is an England regular. He's going to be a phenomenal player and we should do what we can to get it over the line

No I can't stand the little princess. As for his valuation if you listen to the likes of SSN (and other 'reliable' outlets) he's worth Forty Quid and a box of balloons.

Yes. Pay whatever is required because the lad is a future £100M+ player.

I follow closely the Red Sox and have done for more years than I care to mention. JW Henry took over and has delivered 3 world series after decades of drought but, and this is the big but, in between those triumphs the team has been a disaster. They have spent so much money, wasted so many good players that I can only conclude their player acquisition policy is one of the worst in professional sports. This year the whole of Boston is at a loss how they can be so bad - they are so bad that despite spending $180 million on two players they sit dead last. The general feeling is that they are so pig-headed that they refuse to accept the blame and are reluctant to dismiss the management (who are without doubt yes men) who they signed to long term contracts. In short they are arrogant and run the outfit like a personal plaything and refuse to acknowledge what the rest of baseball knows - they have put together a terrible team with no long term strategy for the future. Compared to our wonderful owners they are terrible - Let's hope it is a glimpse of what could possibly happen to Liverpool. So, concerning Sterling I say we have offered enough and should call their bluff - They could be left with a toxic dressing room and that would be what they deserve. Have you noticed they seem to thing that just because of who they think they are they can always buy players under market value but want to fleece us! Threaten to walk away and leave Sterling to really kick off.

He's the best English talent since Rooney. At the age of 20 he's had 100+ caps for Liverpool and is an England regular. He's going to be a phenomenal player and we should do what we can to get it over the line

never knew liverpool give out caps for appearences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.