Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me spin the question.

Do you believe that the most cost effective strategy for your money is to buy things now rather than investing it?

I like an investment not a gamble. Spending more (£40M) on Sterling now would be the equivalent of chasing the flush or run in poker - a mugs game. Sure it comes off from time to time but you lose more than you win. Another difference - a gamble is betting on the score of a match or the number of cards in it. No one knows what the correct number will be, its a bit of fun and a true gamble. Placing money on a small accumulator of wins for games of Davids against Goliaths, thats (usually) an investment.

Am I the only one not arsed if he comes?

He's a reasonably decent player with lots of potential, but he's also a bit of a bellend that vanishes in big matches ( according to my Liverpool fan mates ). He's certainly not worth 50m!.

You put it far better than I did. Should have just waited for your post and saved myself the grief from posters with more money than sense.

Your assessment of Liverpool at present is bang on, but let's not forget who we are, the state we were in not so long ago, and how we got out of it. Liverpool history is not what they won, but that they helped stop U know who from winning the title for about 20 years. Those of us who were around at the time were damn grateful SOMEBODY was doing that. They do what they have to do now, as we once did. I doubt their fans are in any real doubt about their predicament, but they are hardly going to admit it.

I don't think anybody "forgets" who we are and the state we were in.....times change.....it's our turn now...FUCK EM.

He's a reasonably decent player with lots of potential, but he's also a bit of a bellend that vanishes in big matches ( according to my Liverpool fan mates ). He's certainly not worth 50m!.
I don't think even Liverpool think he's worth 50 million quid.

Fucking home grown rules are really having their effect on us. We will overpay so much for some British players that its crazy.

18 year old Roberts 10m who never played a PL game, hardly scored a goal at Fulham last season as a striker(ok, mostly sub appearences but still...).
Iheanacho is imo lot bigger talent. Anyway under Pelle no younger players will play or even sit on bench regularly...

Sterling and this transfer saga, kind of embarassing, they said whats his price, we start from 20m bids, how hard we would all laugh if Real would make a bid of 30m for Kun and would say as well they want him but wont pay much more for him?
Then make a 35+10m bid and say take it or leave it?

This negotiating tactics of "we wont match their valuation" is a joke. It will be lot closer to their valuation if it happens than our first 25m offer thats for sure.

Your assessment of Liverpool at present is bang on, but let's not forget who we are, the state we were in not so long ago, and how we got out of it. Liverpool history is not what they won, but that they helped stop U know who from winning the title for about 20 years. Those of us who were around at the time were damn grateful SOMEBODY was doing that. They do what they have to do now, as we once did. I doubt their fans are in any real doubt about their predicament, but they are hardly going to admit it.

They also murdered people and we didn't get to play in Europe because of it as they tanked the co-efficient

Were you grateful for that?

Put it this way, if he wasn't homegrown we wouldn't even be looking at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.