Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why are MLS or Middle Eastern teams not in for him then, if he'll just go to the highest bidder? Players want to play for the best teams in the biggest competitions. Obviously that also comes with the highest salaries, but that doesn't make the salary the motivating factor.

Because the MLS and Middle Eastern teams don't want him! If they wanted him they would be in with a higher bid.

Bluemoon 98 if he cannot put a simple lob in the net now or improve his passing he never will. Its not as though he is 16, players do not improve considerably once they hit 20. £40M is a lot and way over the top for what Andy Townsend would call a speedboat without a driver.

don't they?

Pre-20:

Messi Pld: 70, Gls: 26, Ass: 4.
Cr. Ronaldo Pld: 99, Gls: 26, Ass: 10.
Aguero Pld: 125, Gls: 55, Ass: 18.
Henry Pld: 78, Gls: 16.
Rooney Pld: 112, Gls: 48, Ass: 12.
Bale Pld: 98, Gls: 9, Ass: 15.

20-23:

Messi Pld: 144, Gls: 101, Ass: 44.
Ronaldo Pld: 168, Gls: 98, Ass: 37.
Aguero Pld: 136, Gls: 73, Ass: 23.
Henry Pld: 129, Gls: 30 (only got better).
Rooney Pld: 169, Gls: 77, Ass: 48.
Bale Pld: 123, Gls: 30, Ass: 30.

that's just 6 players I could be bothered doing.

I think he's already done that!!

If you don't think this is about money you are very naive!

No, I am living in the 21st Century where everything is about money but it doesn't mean to say that it is right. In 12 months time, if we sign this little boy, if he is not getting what he wants from City, like YaYa now, he will do the same as he is doing with Liverpool, he will start sulking, start getting his agent to tell City that they have to form the team around him etc., etc., and that is what I am talking about. But, hey we all have a right to an opinion. I've lived through the 80s, no desire to go back there thanks. :-)
If in a years time we are not challenging for trophies we will have bigger problems than worrying about Sterling wanting out

This is just a face saving excersise for Liverpool. It's about them selling Sterling on their terms and making it spin that they are still a top club.

Offer £40 million up front with it potentially rising to £50 million if he reaches set targets like winning the CL and multiple PLs.

That way it'll be reported as a £40 million bid rising to £50 million and we get our man.

On the off chance they reject that, we simply tell Sterling to put a transfer request in or we go elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.