Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting

My point is Sterling is over priced & over rated m8 & there are better foreign players available for a similar price.

We need English players BUT Sterling for me is not one i would want unless it was for alot less money.

Like i mentioned there are other good English players available for less namely Walcott- pace & wide player like Sterling, which is the attributes City need to break down compact defensive teams.

Is it interesting what i said or are you trying to say i am contradicting myself :)

Funny enough I agree completely. The loan enables them to raise revenue, turnover etc with the stadium expansion which in turn means the value of the club rises while at the same time it always needs to be paid back as part of any sale. Their background is as hedge fund vultures.

Look at it this way though, at the worst they'll probably leave you in a comparable state to when they took over, far better than having blood suckers like the Glazer family (love them, my 2nd favourite football club owners), asset strippers like Ricoh at Coventry City or just a volatile nutter like Thaksin Shinawatra.

They both have pace & play out wide.

Walcott has a better shot & Sterling is a better dribbler.

No two players are identical, BUT i did not say that i said similar.

They are both wide players with pace, therefore similar m8.

Sterling is technically better than Walcott, and can get involved in the build up of play

They are both pacey, although they use their pace differently. You're more likely to see Walcott run in behind, where as Sterling is more likely to stand a defender up and beat him over 5 yards, almost like Hazard

Personally I don't think Walcott is anywhere near the level Sterling is, and he is 5-6 years older

I miss NWA (the music of my youth) but at least I now have Run the Jewels.

Oh, yeah. Sterling. Been swamped at work the past day and a half. Any movement or are we just waiting while Liverpool desperately hope for another bidder?

My point is Sterling is over priced & over rated m8 & there are better foreign players available for a similar price.

We need English players BUT Sterling for me is not one i would want unless it was for alot less money.

Like i mentioned there are other good English players available for less namely Walcott- pace & wide player like Sterling, which is the attributes City need to break down compact defensive teams.

Is it interesting what i said or are you trying to say i am contradicting myself :)
My point was that you contradicted yourself.

It's not your money so that's irrelevant.

Would Sterling improve us more than Walcott? Most definitely yes.

By your logic, we need neither though. Navas has pace and plays out wide. The point you're missing is that Sterling offers something different to Navas and Walcott. He has the ability to go past players, in tight spaces, from a standing start. When facing parked buses, as we often do, this is far more valuable than someone who can simply cover lots of ground quickly.

Sterling is technically better than Walcott, and can get involved in the build up of play

They are both pacey, although they use their pace differently. You're more likely to see Walcott run in behind, where as Sterling is more likely to stand a defender up and beat him over 5 yards, almost like Hazard

Personally I don't think Walcott is anywhere near the level Sterling is, and he is 5-6 years older

Well football is all about opinions m8 :)

I agree with some of what you say BUT i do not think Sterling is better than Walcott, Walcotts age is not a negative to me as he has shown he can play at the top level for a number of seasons, Sterling the Jury is out- one good season.

It is just an opinion & Sterling may kick on to be better & a top signing, BUT time will tell...

Yes, he is probably overpriced but we have to accept that as he is a commodity we need. Wasn't sure Walcott has been declared available by the Arse, but given a choice of the two, Sterling wins for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.