Raheem Sterling - Done - See main forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are making it sound like it's 'just another 5m' to seal a deal, but it's like going into an auction knowing your max value. If you're tempted to breach that value, then your business plan starts to be compromised.

It starts with 'just a bit more money', but then sellers know you'll always go the extra mile, and every transfers starts adding on another 5m. Then another 10m etc.

As wealthy as we are, we still have targets to meet, and although people will object to this next statement - sooner or later, spending that 5m extra on a player means someone else at the club loses (or doesn't get a job). Books have to be balanced no matter how large a scale they may be.

Honestly, if we overspend on someone, that money doesn't come from thin air, it has to be found from elsewhere in the operation.

City will have done their budgets, know the limits, and if they are doing their jobs properly, they will not go over those limits. It may well be that out limit is 60m for Sterling! (Liverpool don't need to know that). Or it could well be the 40+5 we are alleged to be offering. Who knows? but 'just pay it' isn't the answer.
I'm sorry but this is utter shit. If our budget is so strict and we didn't foresee that Liverpool are absolute cunts to negotiate with yet still found money to sanction an £8 million deal for Delph we want our fucking arses kicking.

I'm sorry but this is utter shit. If our budget is so strict and we didn't foresee that Liverpool are absolute cunts to negotiate with yet still found money to sanction an £8 million deal for Delph we want our fucking arses kicking.

Exactly. If it's a question of not signing Delph and stumping up a few more million for Sterling then that's what we should do!

This is a joke! FSG aren't going to back down, stubborn yank imbiciles....... If this deal falls through for the sake of 6 mill we will have well and truly fcked up :(
Plus RS will have seriously damaged his career, and for what???.... Being convinced we would sign him??? This is a mess, and having stated this is our FINAL bid Raheem must be kacking it :( This is sad :(

Must try harder!

Maybe we've played a blinder.

Maybe if we bid £50 million right at the start, Liverpool would have been like 'nah, he's not for sale, but he might be if you offer £60 million".

There are too many on here flapping once again.This will get sorted it was always going to be a protracted deal.

It's not about a budget being 'so strict', it's simply about a budget full stop. It doesn't matter if it's pounds and pence, or millions. Either you know your limits (good) or you don't (bad). We will have limits and if Liverpool demand more, we can't break them.

You can't go into a negotiation and make it up on the fly. You go into it having worked out your limits before hand. Like I say, out limit COULD actually be 60m, but you can't break it. Period.

Jeez. It's about not being seen as an easy mark in the market. If we just go belly up and give in at the first sign of resistance, we'll be a laughing stock. Big business is about negotiation and trying to ensure good value. That is the stage we're at.

All I know is that we have a shitload of extra seats to fill and a desire to be a major force in world football. So arguing over £5 million seems a bit strange.

Maybe we've played a blinder.

Maybe if we bid £50 million right at the start, Liverpool would have been like 'nah, he's not for sale, but he might be if you offer £60 million".

Correct. We don't know what our limit is / was. The City guys will know that, and nobody else. Liverpool will think they've stretched us, and we'll know they didn't.
All this 'just pay the fee' is madness. Clubs will just keep asking more and more knowing we 'just pay the fee'.

We can't pay 50m to just get him if we value him as less.

He is not worth 50m IMO. I hope we stick to our guns.

Even with Delph alone we are better than last season.

Sterling isn't our only way forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.