Rony Lopes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navas. Nasri. Anyone - he should easily get 20 games/starts/sub appearances at very least. Small sacrifice of one experienced player for the greater good and all that.

Gut feeling he'll get sold with a buy back clause of some description OR he'll sign a new deal and then get sent on a longer term loan (maybe two seasons). I think with the emergence of Manu Garcia and the signing of Patrick Roberts it's difficult to see where Rony will get games at City.
Ahead of them as he is the better player. Garcia looks promising but plays deeper anyway and lopes is the only one that has showed he can do it for a first team. We would regret letting go of our 2nd/3rd brightest prospect, after denayer and maybe iheanacho.

Navas. Nasri. Anyone - he should easily get 20 games/starts/sub appearances at very least. Small sacrifice of one experienced player for the greater good and all that.

Fair enough. I think it's unlikely that either Navas or Nasri will be shunted for Lopes although I could be wrong. Personally I haven't seen enough of him to make a judgment as to whether he is good enough to play regularly for our first team. He hasn't started very many pre season games, or even got many pre season minutes, which probably doesn't bode well for him.

Still it's definitely another stick to beat Txiki/Pellegrini/the club with if we do end up letting him go!

Lopes > Navas, Roberts, Barker, Garcia

He should be in the squad.

he's better than navas for me, but the other three you mentioned i think will end up being better. The problem for all of our youth at the minute is will they get enough games time. I just dont think pelle will give them enough chances.

I don't think that he proved at Lille that he was better than the players mentioned. He was up & down. At his best he was better than Navas, at his worst nowhere near as good. But he could possibly become a top player & should be given a chance. If he can't hack it we will soon find out. We don't have to start him in big games or at key moments, just ease him into the setup.

Daily Mail: City face a battle to keep Rony Lopes (19), out of contract next summer, with top French making enquiries over a permanent deal. Lopes has reservations as to whether he will be handed enough first team opportunities by Pellegrini this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.