Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a bizarre and utterly pointless post.

I'll be honest I wasn't overly excited about sterling. Having seen his link up play with Silva in pre season I'm happy to eat my words!
I always wondered about folks like you who couldn't see the glaringly obvious

If he improves his finishing, he will be world class. I did not like the high fee, but if you see what he could be able to be... could become our best signing since Kun. Aguero himself was expensive too, but compared to what he delivered, he could had cost 100mio£ and I couldn`t care less.

Apologies if my post was a little cryptic.

I was trying to indicate that our CL demise last season was caused by the lack of tackling back by many of our players.
Our style of play was disrupted by hard work from all of the opposition when they did not have the ball.

Barca's world class players last season added this to their game of technical skill and simply played us off the park at the Etihad and Bayern have played for some years with the very same tackling back culture.
Hence my reference to Bayern and Barca who will see this natural quality in Raheem.

I was simply pointing out that if we want be a real threat in CL we ought to expect ALL our players to emulate that aspect of Raheem's game.

Our Eden Hazard with knobs on.

Anybody who couldn't, can't or won't see his talent, should probably stick to another sport?

+1

He will quickly become one of our very best players. We'll miss him like we do Kun, Yaya, Silva etc when he's not about. Frightening potential. There's nothing he can't do going forward.

It won't take him long to improve his finishing and to be fair to him, the chances he has had to score he's taken very well so far. It's improving his composure in the box that's all he needs, when he cuts in he just has to take a breath and look to place the ball in the corner rather than take a wild lash at the ball and sky it. If he can add that to his game he'll be such a big threat. He is already looking the player we've missed for so long and Silva clearly loves having him on the pitch. As their relationship blossoms they will get even better. We've not even thrown Aguero on with them yet!

For all the doom and gloom, with Sterling and Delph's energy we have a decent side. I'd like to see Delph and Fernandinho in the middle with Sterling, Silva and hopefully De Bruyne in front of them and Aguero up front. That will have so much energy and creativity and should be a very balanced side.

Everybody knew Sterling was a class player. The hole in his game at Liverpool was his finishing but with Aguero up top it takes alot of the pressure off him, His finishing will improve (As we've already seen in pre season) Playing with guys like Yaya, Silva and Aguero is going to take him to the next level. It's time people forgot about the fee and concentrated on his amazing talent on the pitch.

Not concerned with his finishing at all. Finishing is usually a confidence thing. When you're in a team as shit as Liverpool's was last season negativity can't help but surround your whole game, so you snatch at chances, the crowd get on your back and you don't score for a while. He clearly *can* finish though, spectacularly well too, as we've seen in preseason and during games against City in the past. That'll just come with time and I genuinely believe he'll be a 15-20 goals and 15-20 assists a season man for us. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.