Open Training/South Stand Tester - 12/08/15

The idea of a low key friendly is a much better idea. I used to go and watch them train at Carrington when I was younger - it's really not that entertaining.

But at least Moonchester and Moonbeam will be there!

I think the reason we're charging is to ensure numbers come. There are so many things you have to prove to the licencing authority and some of it needs numbers. By charging people are less likely to not come if it rains etc. It also allows the club to accurately anticipate numbers.

Anybody know how many tickets we need to sell to get the Safety Certificate?

8000 People are required to be there.... doesn't just go on how many tickets are sold.

Reason city are charging (for charity) is that, in the past when things have been "free" people decide not to turn up because there's no commitment on their part to do so. By charging a mere £3 (for Charity), the idea is that people who have paid, are more likely to turn up, thus City get the safety certificate in time for the Chelsea game.

As of Sunday, the club had only sold around 2000 tickets.

8000 People are required to be there.... doesn't just go on how many tickets are sold.

Reason city are charging (for charity) is that, in the past when things have been "free" people decide not to turn up because there's no commitment on their part to do so. By charging a mere £3 (for Charity), the idea is that people who have paid, are more likely to turn up, thus City get the safety certificate in time for the Chelsea game.

As of Sunday, the club had only sold around 2000 tickets.

There was no problem getting 8,000 to turn up for free at the original safety test when the Etihad first opened.

There was no problem getting 8,000 to turn up for free at the original safety test when the Etihad first opened.

Perhaps not. I was merely answering the question, quoting information provided by City at their AGM at the weekend.

The original test you mention was slightly different as it was used as a familiarisation exercise for people to find where their seats are instead of 45000 turning up for the first game and not having a clue where they are going! Also if I recall correctly, this took place on the weekend, the ground was open for most of the day and people could come and go as and when they pleased.

Are just the top and middle tiers open for this? I seem to recall seeing pictures when they did this open training thing last year and people were down on the bottom level and able to get quite close to the 'action'. Intrigued to see what family competitions and things they can do if everyone is stuck up in the higher levels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.