Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think we want or need him. Kompany, Mangala, Demichelis and Denayer are all more than good enough.

What a pathetic overreaction to signing a fantastic CB.
are you joking? he may be good but who is he going to replace? 30 million defender who is young? our captain? or are we going to do what we always do and send a fantastically talented young defender in Denayer packing?

Prioritys are CM, LB not buying every player thats available

couldn't describe how disappointed with this signing i would be if it happened

Agreed.....he is quality but surely one center back would have to go .....

are you joking? he may be good but who is he going to replace? 30 million defender who is young? our captain? or are we going to do what we always do and send a fantastically talented young defender in Denayer packing?

Prioritys are CM, LB not buying every player thats available

He is a decent player and would make us stronger but it does cause a whole bunch of issues in the sqaud. Mangala is looking like he is slowly comming on, he's a beast deffensivley and if he can bring the rest of his game up a notch or two he could be one of the best in the world. Then you have Denayer who is an awsome prospect and the best thing to come out of our accademy since Richards. Even if we were to let MDM go it would hold back the other younger players we have. Pros and cons with this potential signing.

How about the CB that turns 35 in December?

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but was anyone else a bit fearful for the future of Denayer when the team was announced on Monday night?

It was the first time it had dawned on me that Kompany and Mangala seem almost undroppable due to one being the captain and the other being a £30m+ defensive signing who we almost need to prove was a good investment. That leaves Denayer as at best 3rd choice CB for the season, and as things transpired, MDM came on in a midfield role so potentially will get more minutes this season.

I got a sinking feeling that he could want out soon if he doesn't get minutes, especially after being such a key member of Celtic's first team last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.