Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE = "Stephenhakin, post: 8799196, member: 41302"] No complications - His shirts are Being done as we speak [/ QUOTE].

Nice!! Thanks for passing on the info. Any word on number?

Could this be the return of "Beeeeeaaaaaassssstttttt" at the Etihad?

Just asked think he said 17 a while back but hang on. Yeah looks a beast doesnt he. Getting some muscle back in the side just what we need

Sounds like Otamendi has put himself in a really difficult situation, most probably after being advised by Mendes.
He's in effect gone on strike by the sounds of it, as he and Mendes probably sensed the move to City was just a matter of time, but I think Mangalas start to the season has thrown a huge spanner in the works. I think a deal was there that included Mangala and now City have quite rightly moved the goal posts somewhat.
Mendes is known as the "super agent", he'll now have to prove that title by doing everything possible to get a deal sorted so he and Otamendi don't have to return to Valencia, with their tails well and truly between their legs.

SWP is with NYRB on a similar deal where for his first season he's not classed as a designated player. I suppose it just comes down to whether 35 year old millionaire who's had a distinguished domestic and international career can be arsed playing in the MLS for spends.......

We pay up on MDM final year. He signs for NYC. Gets same amount of wage if he stays here for this season + his NYC spends.

All due respect mate,but there is a reason we are in for him,I agree with what your saying but someone feels the need to bring this guy in.
I'll go with the clubs judgement on this one.

I actually posted the same thing yesterday pal. There must be a reason as you say! It just isn't that obvious to us

All due respect mate,but there is a reason we are in for him,I agree with what your saying but someone feels the need to bring this guy in.
I'll go with the clubs judgement on this one.
As you say the club won't have entered this negotiation lightly, Otamendi is a top CB and major asset. It looks as though they were prepared to risk losing Eli to get him - which is where this deal goes badly wrong. An opportunity to get a world class player is very tempting but to disrupt our squad and lose a player we've spent £35m to get just when he's showing his true potential is reckless stupidity. Wisely they didn't do it.

Sounds like Otamendi has put himself in a really difficult situation, most probably after being advised by Mendes.
He's in effect gone on strike by the sounds of it, as he and Mendes probably sensed the move to City was just a matter of time, but I think Mangalas start to the season has thrown a huge spanner in the works. I think a deal was there that included Mangala and now City have quite rightly moved the goal posts somewhat.
Mendes is known as the "super agent", he'll now have to prove that title by doing everything possible to get a deal sorted so he and Otamendi don't have to return to Valencia, with their tails well and truly between their legs.

As I posted, would you believe Pellegrini would play v Chelsea using a cb he had tried to get rid of who turned down the deal ?

I don't believe City were involved at all re Mangala. Why would they do that before the Chelsea game ?

As you say the club won't have entered this negotiation lightly, Otamendi is a top CB and major asset. It looks as though they were prepared to risk losing Eli to get him - which is where this deal goes badly wrong. An opportunity to get a world class player is very tempting but to disrupt our squad and lose a player we've spent £35m to get just when he's showing his true potential is reckless stupidity. Simple as that.
But we aren't losing Mangala...

Just asked think he said 17 a while back but hang on. Yeah looks a beast doesnt he. Getting some muscle back in the side just what we need

Nice one mate, Cheers. Yeah he does. I haven't seen much of him as I tend not to watch La Liga but everyone I have spoken to have said really good things about him. Plus there's always room for another hard Argie in the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.