Player Topic: Aleks Kolarov 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kolarov s improved form he puts down to a regular starting place. In our winning run of 9 Prem matches in a row, Kolarov has started in every one.

It'll be interesting to see what we do with Kolarov in the coming weeks, with Clichy injured. He's started the season brilliantly, but surely can't be expected to start every game as the full back role is so demanding.

The obvious game to rest him is the Sunderland cup tie, but with Angelino out on loan, not sure if there is anyone in the EDS ready to step up. Similar problem with Sagna too, although I assume Maffeo will play at the Stadium of Light.

Could play Mangala at left back at a push, and rotate the centre halves as we'll be keen to give Demichelis and Otamendi game time, but not sure he's particularly suited to the role.

It'll be interesting to see what we do with Kolarov in the coming weeks, with Clichy injured. He's started the season brilliantly, but surely can't be expected to start every game as the full back role is so demanding.

The obvious game to rest him is the Sunderland cup tie, but with Angelino out on loan, not sure if there is anyone in the EDS ready to step up. Similar problem with Sagna too, although I assume Maffeo will play at the Stadium of Light.

Could play Mangala at left back at a push, and rotate the centre halves as we'll be keen to give Demichelis and Otamendi game time, but not sure he's particularly suited to the role.
No chance Clichy will be fit by then?

would clichy be fit by then though? IIRC pelle said clichy will be out for a month before the everton game so at a push he might just be ready depending on his progress. Kolarov plays the cup games anyway but like you said due to playing and starting every PL game so far he may sit out, leaving Mangala to play LB like you say.

I thought Pellegrini said 6-7 weeks for Clichy, but I might have imagined that?

Mangala secondary position is LB
Otamendi secondary position is RB

:) So good to be in this position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.