Borussia Mönchengladbach travel thread

I went to Borrussia Park last year for a Europa League game.

Give yourself plenty of time to get to the stadium. It's 25 mins on the Regional train or 34 mins on the S Bahn. When you arrive at the station, there's buses at both sides of the station. They both end up at the stadium, half at the North end, half at the South. No doubt there'll be people on hand to direct the City fans to the correct buses. The buses are pretty regular, but it's a fair drive, about 25 mins from memory. Same on the way back. They have a queueing system similar to what you'd see at Alton Towers. All very efficient, all very organised.

There's not much round the ground and we didn't venture too far from the train station afterwards as it was pissing down.

The away fans are put in a corner. Difficult to judge the away allocation as they were playing Villareal who had about 20 fans. I'm been a member on a Bmg forum for a while and the reckon between 2,500 - 3,000 tickets, with prices around £25.

I'm catching the ferry from Dover. Driving there via Belgium to get a load of tobacco from Adinkerke. Staying in Monchengladbach at the Best Western. I've been waiting for this game for so long as I was born at Wegberg and Monchengladbach are my second team. Cannot wait. All I need now is two tickets

Me and a Mate travelling early on the 30th to Cologne from Stansted then back late on the 1st. Have booked hotel in Cologne but considering changing to Dusseldorf as I think getting back to Cologne after the game might be a struggle late on, what hotels is everyone staying in Dusseldorf?

Me and a Mate travelling early on the 30th to Cologne from Stansted then back late on the 1st. Have booked hotel in Cologne but considering changing to Dusseldorf as I think getting back to Cologne after the game might be a struggle late on, what hotels is everyone staying in Dusseldorf?

Last 55 min ride with a direct train to Cologne goes at 23:40. RE 10869. One should be able to make it to the main station in time I guess. Next train (23:54, S-Bahn) goes via Düsseldorf with a one hour stay there, before there's the connecting S-Bahn to Cologne, so ride takes 2hrs and 29 min. You may buy a ticket for Langenfeld (Rhld) to Cologne Hbf for 5€ (Preistufe 3) as your match ticket is only valid in the VRR (public transport region around Gladbach-Düsseldorf and the Ruhrgebiet) whereas Langenfeld at is the border to the VRS region (Cologne/Bonn area).

There's a S-Bahn at 00:54 towards Düsseldorf, but the connecting fast train (InterCity) to Cologne won't be included in your match ticket anyway (thus additional IC-train ticket required, costs don't know).

Mönchengladbach Hbf Mi, 30.09.15 ab 23:40 6 RE 10869 Regional-Express direction: Köln Messe/Deutz

Rheydt Hbf ab 23:44 3
Rheydt-Odenkirchen ab 23:48 7
Hochneukirch ab 23:52 9
Jüchen ab 23:56 2
Grevenbroich ab 00:02 4
Rommerskirchen ab 00:11 3
Stommeln ab 00:15 2
Pulheim ab 00:20 2
Köln-Ehrenfeld ab 00:29 3
Köln Hbf Do, 01.10.15 an 00:35 3

------

Mönchengladbach Hbf Mi, 30.09.15 ab 23:54 9 S 8 S-Bahn Richtung: Hagen Hbf

Düsseldorf Hbf Do, 01.10.15 an 00:28 13
Umsteigezeit 1:04 h
Düsseldorf Hbf Do, 01.10.15 ab 01:32 11 S 6 S-Bahn Richtung: Köln-Nippes

Köln Hbf, Do, 01.10.15 an 02:23 11

-----

Mönchengladbach Hbf Do, 01.10.15 ab 00:54 9 S 8 S-Bahn Richtung: Wuppertal-Oberbarmen

Düsseldorf Hbf Do, 01.10.15 an 01:28 13
Umsteigezeit 1:11 h
Düsseldorf Hbf Do, 01.10.15 ab 02:39 16 IC 2021 Intercity Richtung: Frankfurt(Main)Hbf

Köln Hbf Do, 01.10.15 an 03:01 5

ha ha this is gonna be a good one, Blues scattered all over northern Europe for 90 minutes of CL footy, a few beers and a stack of duty free

Don't forget the kick off time (local time) will be 20.45 so won't be finishing till about 22.40 f you are worried about train times...

yep. Stop and Shop in Adinkerke. About 1/3rd of the prices at home

Check out Pidou its about 2 miles from Dunkerque port it a warehouse selling cheap beer and wine all the Truck drivers use it.no detour required its about 3 roundabouts after you get off the ferry check it out on the way out fill up on the way back.Also if you are getting your smokes in Adinkerke pay in sterling as you always get a better deal,don't get your beer in Adinkerke as its cheaper at Pidou unless your pushed for time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.